Director, Financial Analysis - Claim Finance
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Director, Financial Analysis - Claim Finance Company
SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and each
other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment,
we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property
casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to
discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on
collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Job
CategoryFinance and AccountingTarget Openings1Job Description
SummaryUnder General Direction, the Director, Financial Analysis is
responsible for directing the execution of financial reporting,
control and analysis for assigned business or function. Position
may manage others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish work objectives and goals for employees, manage
performance and make hiring and compensation decision
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations,
recommendations to business partners and management, including
- Design, prepare, evaluate and validate more complex internal
and/or external financial and operating reports, both routine and
ad-hoc, to support tactical business objectives. In addition,
review and approve less complex reports and analyses prepared by
- Perform, review and approve analysis and interpretation of
trends and variances in business performance, interacting with
business partners. Execute identified analyses in light of business
- Engage with business partners to develop and create overall
financial plan in conjunction with business plan and forecast for
the organization (annual, ongoing and long term).
- Engage with business partners to support overall strategic plan
and incorporate competitor and market intelligence into analysis,
including internal cost benefit analysis of investments (where
- Apply complex accounting and financial concepts and controls to
provide subject matter expertise in the development, implementation
or enhancement of financial, operations and business
- Identify, use and/or assign others on the appropriate tools to
obtain, compile and analyze complex data necessary to support
robust financial reports and analysis, and initiate tool
- Develop, perform and certify financial controls in accordance
with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Support supplier management by providing input to manager and
business partners in assessing risk, reviewing contracts, and
- Review and approve more complex financial activities for
various lines of business including journal entries and account
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience.Education, Work
Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Typically 6+ years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Analysis concepts, principles,
processes and applications.
- Thorough Knowledge: Possesses advanced knowledge of subject
matter in order to solve unusual as well as common work
problems.Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General knowledge of the insurance business.
- Advanced analytic skills.
- General knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Intermediate to advanced data utilization skills to access and
gather data, including a basic understanding of what the data
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate time management/ prioritization skills.
- Advanced ability to solve problems and suggest solutions.
- Advanced decision making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word,
- Intermediate influencing of business partners
- Intermediate business perspective including some understanding
of the political nature of the organization.
- Intermediate leadership skills, including delegation, employee
development, hiring, and retaining talent.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Intermediate ability to think strategically.
- Ability to identify customers needs and take appropriate action
to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Intermediate ability to present material concisely.
- Advanced Leadership Skills, including ability to:
- Leverage Differences
- Manage in participative manner
- Develop employees
- Manage change effectively
- Advanced skill/competency level: demonstrates advanced
knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in new or complex
situations. May guide other professionals.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about
our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Director, Financial Analysis - Claim Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!