Company: The Village For Families Children
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Starting pay: $24.03
Responsible for billing claims, remittance posting, resolving
discrepancies regarding claim and insurance eligibility and
compliance with contractual obligations.
- Oversee Outpatient authorizations for various clinics.
- Assist and advise new clinical staff regarding National
Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Credential licensed clinical staff for Medicaid, Medicare and
commercial insurance companies.
- Access all insurance payers to determine eligibility, copay and
deductible status and communicate results to client and all
- Tracks client enrollments and discharges.
- Seeks retro authorizations as necessary from all payers.
- Approves electronic claims to payers in accordance with our
system and payer requirements.
- Submits claims per established billing deadlines.
- Applies payer remittances to accounts within a day of
- Identifies discrepancies between amounts billed and paid and
makes appropriate adjustments.
- Receives and assembles daily deposits for review by Billing
- Advises Billing Manager of payer or account issues that may
require escalation to achieve successful collection of outstanding
- Review and resolve amounts in the aged accounts report per
- Review outstanding receivables with Billing Manager.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Four or more current years of experience as a billing
specialist with electronic billing and remittance posting for
Medicaid and third-party insurance required.
- CareLogic experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of activity.
- Outstanding attention to detail and results.
- Adherence to laws and best practices relating to dealing with
customers and data.
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office and other software,
including insurance company websites, researching tools for
determining insurance eligibility, benefits, claim verification,
claim adjudication and credentialing.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a
Keywords: The Village For Families Children, Hartford , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!