Property Tax Manager - Multistate
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative Tax Manager who likes working
on complex property tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater
impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and
innovative technologies in order to align the tax function with the
We are looking for sharp Tax Managers for our Property Tax team who
are ready to take on new challenges and work with one of the
largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one of the
largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States
with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax
professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators,
industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use
tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax
review, and state tax controversy.
Deloitte's Property Tax services group helps clients plan for and
manage personal property tax compliance efforts in a more
streamlined, seamless, and tax-efficient way. We bring together
deep tax and industry knowledge, a national network of property tax
specialists, and proprietary technology capabilities to help our
clients explore new approaches, resourcing models, and possible
Work you'll do
As a Property Tax Manager in our Multistate Tax Services (MTS)
group, you will provide state and local property tax planning,
consulting, and compliance services to multiple clients within
various industries. You will work directly with the client, manage
the tax engagement team, and be connected to a strong support
system from firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on
various property tax consulting and/or compliance engagements.
- Providing guidance to clients on a range of property tax issues
including complex, commercial, real, and personal property
- Analyzing property tax considerations and/or the potential
impacts related to business restructuring or due diligence
- Performing in-depth reviews of complex property tax
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and
- Providing guidance and mentoring for the development of the
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related
- CPA certification, if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not
qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, CRE, MAI, CAE, PPS, ASA, CCMI,
CREA, or a Senior Property Tax Consultant licensed by the Texas
Board of Licensing and Regulation.
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- 5+ years experience working in property tax and with property
- Experience with property tax compliance, tax planning, tax
analysis, and related tax research.
- Experience managing a team and acting as first point of contact
with your clients.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
- Previous consulting experience from a large property tax
- Thorough understanding of OneSource Property Tax.
Keywords: Deloitte, Hartford , Property Tax Manager - Multistate, Accounting, Auditing , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!