Project Director, Tech & Ops Finance
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$101,100.00 - $166,800.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?This position is the primary point
of accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the
management and implementation of the medium to large size Projects
or small to medium sized Programs that support achievement of
moderate to complex unit or corporate goals. This role will
coordinate and oversee the execution of our strategic initiatives
and be responsible for the governance and execution of each
initiative as prioritized. This is an exciting opportunity to help
evolve our capabilities and partner with key disciplines to drive
transformation across the organization. Success in this role
requires ability to influence and guide others to help set
strategic direction with accountability for the execution, ensuring
alignment to long-term strategy and essential business
outcomes.What Will You Do?
- The Project Director controls planning and execution of the
Projects' or Program's activities and resources to ensure that
established cost, time, and quality goals are met.
- The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is
responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge,
skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes,
and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and
- The Project Director operates within defined parameters using a
proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge
different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals.
- Manage a holistic, programmatic view of high priority
initiatives and operational objectives
- Define and document business requirements to support strategic
initiatives and complex business and financial changes relating to
financial reporting -
- Prioritization of financial and strategic tools and data
governance (Fieldglass, Application TCO)
- Manage and define the ongoing journey for agile costing and
- Strong partnership with stakeholders to support data
governance, reporting structure, and process
- Simplify and modernize data, tools, and processes in support of
overall data ecosystem
- Assist with the design, creation, and governance of taxonomies
and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Develop future roadmap of major initiatives
- Identify gaps and limitations in data sets and understand
multiple layers of complexity with the ability to explain and
recommend potential alternatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams
- Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of
members of the PM community, may have direct management
responsibility of PMs.
- Develops both IT and Non-IT Project budgets. Manages against
them.What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.What Is in It
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Project Director, Tech & Ops Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!