HartfordRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Hartford jobs

Junior Accountant Corporate Accounting Northeast

Company: LAZ Parking
Location: Hartford
Posted on: May 24, 2023

Job Description:

The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we're the experts!Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to "create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients." If you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best, contact us today!The Spirit of the Position:LAZ's continued growth has created a new opportunity in the accounting department for a talented Junior Accountant to join our professional team supporting the Northeast Region. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the monthly close process, which includes preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and various reports. This position will be in our Hartford, CT office. This position is hybrid 3 days in the office, 2 days remote.RESPONSIBILITIES:Perform required month-end close activities, including accurate preparation and recording of journal entries.Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including follow-up on all reconciling items and providing updates to direct leadership.Preparation of bank reconciliations for corporate bank accounts, including follow-up on all reconciling items and providing updates to direct leadership.Preparation of monthly external financial statements for specific clients as contractually obligated.Create and maintain standard operating procedure documentation for all applicable processes.Assist with testing and training during implementation of new ERP system.Perform all other related duties and/or projects assigned to meet the needs of the company.EDUCATION:BA/BS Degree in AccountingAbility to work independently and in a team environment, be a self-starter, and effectively interface at all levels of the organization.Excellent computer skills, including high and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook).SKILLS:EXPERIENCE:0-2 years of experience in General Accounting or Finance with application of GAAP, is a plus but not requiredAbility to lift, push and pull at least 10 poundsPHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.FLSA Status: ExemptTo be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.This Employer participates in E-Verify.

Keywords: LAZ Parking, Hartford , Junior Accountant Corporate Accounting Northeast, Accounting, Auditing , Hartford, Connecticut

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Connecticut jobs by following @recnetCT on Twitter!

Hartford RSS job feeds