HartfordRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Hartford jobs

Bookkeeper - Hartford - CT

Company: LAZ Parking
Location: Hartford
Posted on: May 26, 2023

Job Description:

Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving.? Where do they spend the other 95%??? PARKED!LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country.? When it comes to parking, we're the experts!We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients".? If you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best - contact us today!Pay Range: $20-$26/HRThe Spirit of the PositionBookkeeper/ Analyst:The Bookkeeper/ Analyst is responsible for recording data, identifying trends, and generating insights regarding the On-Street Meters operation for the City of Nashville, TN. Insights will be communicated to Manager and City staff as recommendations for program improvements.Job duties include gathering data, interpreting the statistics, writing reports, and designing charts and graphs. Working with the Director of Operations, this role will produce reports for regular feedback to officers regarding their performance. Additionally, the Bookkeeper/ Analyst also maintains the Contract's various logs, compiling both systems generated and manual records into usable information as reports. The position is responsible for compiling the presentation of any insights during regular operation meetings with the City of Nashville. The analyst will also work to develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.RESPONSIBILITIES:* Monthly accounting and reporting for client and internal management.* Perform required month-end close activities including accurate preparation and recording of all journal entries.* Reconcile and record activity from daily cash reports and credit card activity reports. Complete individual location bank reconciliations using auto matching application.* Compile and prepare comprehensive monthly financial report packages and submit timely to the field for review and approval.* Meet monthly financial report submission deadlines to GM and client in line with management agreement and client expectations.* Communicate and interact with regional and facility personnel working in the field.To be successful in this role, you must have:* College degree (BA/BS)* Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, etc.)* Ability to learn GIS mapping* Experience in data analysis: seeking and collecting relevant data, as well as documenting the information be processed; analyzing results, identifying patterns and trends in data sets, and reporting the results back to relevant members of the team.* Strong skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, and verbal and written communication.* Experience and proven ability in demonstrating analytical, organizational, and time management skills.* Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and effectively interface and communicate both through written and verbal means.* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.* FLSA Status:?Non-Exempt* LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.* This Employer participates in E-Verify.

Keywords: LAZ Parking, Hartford , Bookkeeper - Hartford - CT, Accounting, Auditing , Hartford, Connecticut

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Connecticut jobs by following @recnetCT on Twitter!

Hartford RSS job feeds