Home Office Examiner - Claims
Company: IFG Companies
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job BriefBe part of a great team where you can make an impact!
We are seeking a Home Office Examiner - Claims.IFG Companies,
founded in 1985, is one of America's largest privately held,
property and casualty A-rated insurance groups in the United
States. As a private company, IFG is focused on profitable growth
through superior underwriting of a range of products and service to
its producers and insureds.The Home Office Examiner - Claims will
provide guidance and co-management of serious injury/damage losses
with field office claim personnel. Directly supervise and handle
select adjusters and claims. Participate in and lead bimonthly Loss
Reserve Committees. Assist field office staff on coverage analysis,
as requested. Review submitted Pre-Trial notices and provide
guidance as needed. Participate in Home Office quality assurance
reviews, including reporting and presenting results to field office
staff; Identify, develop and conduct field office training
programs, as needed; Evaluation of field office operations from
office workflow, claim systems, management information and IS&T
support.LOCATIONIFG is open to remote/hybrid/on-site but must be
able to go into the office as needed.PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND
- Review serious injury/damage submissions from field offices and
ensure timely and appropriate claim handling is undertaken to
determine the ultimate exposure on the claim and co-manage the
claim as warranted.
- Maintain appropriate diary on serious injury/damage losses the
incumbent has been assigned to co-manage.
- Provide coverage guidance and assistance on field office
submitted coverage questions, including reviewing draft coverage
correspondence for clarity and thoroughness.
- Manage and conduct Loss Review Committee meetings.
- Review and approve all reserves and payments in excess of a
field offices reserve authority and within the incumbent's
- Ensure any qualifying serious injury/damage losses are reported
timely to reinsurers and updated as warranted.
- Participate in and lead Home Office quality assurance reviews
and draft review report and deliver results to field office
management when requested.
- Identify potential training needs of field office staff, create
training programs and participate in training when requested.
- Recommend and assist in designing and implementing changes to
office operations to maximize workflow efficiencies and system
- Other duties as may be required.QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years commercial property and casualty experience
with a concentration in commercial general liability claims.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
- Detail oriented with analytical ability
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage work
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Math aptitude
- CPCU, SLCA, CCLA designation a plusPHYSICAL DEMANDSPhysical
demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate
controlled, with minimal physical exertion. This position requires
prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions
with others in meetings or via phone. Some travel
required.BENEFITSWe offer a competitive compensation and benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible
spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life
insurance, long-term care, education assistance and paid time off,
including paid parental leave and a birthday holiday.IFG Companies
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Keywords: IFG Companies, Hartford , Home Office Examiner - Claims, Administration, Clerical , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!