Senior Technology Engineer - Identity and Access Management
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Company Summary Taking care of our customers, our communities
and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings 1Job Description Summary Travelers has an
exciting opportunity for a Senior Technology Engineer in our
Cybersecurity practice to join the talented Identity and Access
Management team. This position is to design, build and implement
automation of solutions to support Identity Management related
activities for Travelers employees. This position requires
excellent problem solving and customer service skills in a
team-oriented environment.Under general supervision, demonstrates a
thorough understanding of the activities performed related to
engineering support, installation and/or operations of
infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level
designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with
appropriate customers, management and technical resources.
Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and
implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one
or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements
appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms,
databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability
to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is
a team lead. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer
requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective,
technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget
objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established
quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management
with timely and accurate information regarding the status and
performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement
optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across
technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and
production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as
Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.Job Specific
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following technical
skills: Foundational IT Infrastructure, Operating Systems,
- Knowledge of process discipline and Agile, IDLC
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about continuous
- Experience with identity provisioning, authentication,
authorization, and web access management concepts.
- Hands on experience with SailPoint IdentityIQ.
- Hands on coding experience with Java, XML, .NET, scripting
- Experience with distributed database technologies and
development (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with LDAP based directories.
- Experience working with a highly available and scalable
production environment preferred.
- Experience with software release cycles, source code management
(Subversion, Github) and application build processes (Jenkins,
- Familiarity with Cloud based applications (Azure, AWS, Okta,
Google Cloud Platform) and concepts.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows based operating
- Familiarity with application server technologies.
- MFA knowledge a plus.
- IBM Mainframe (RACF) knowledge a plus.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and
concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear,
easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in
loosely scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure
clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and
listen when others are speaking.Environmental / Work Schedules /
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
- Oncall /weekend support as needed.Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you.Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. - provided by
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Senior Technology Engineer - Identity and Access Management, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!