Sr. Citrix Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location Virtual, US Category Technology Posted Date: 01/25/2021
Job Id 21000894 Global Infrastructure & Operations, Enterprise
Client Computing Our vision is to power Cigna by putting an easy,
modern experience in the hands of every person Role Summary/Key
Objectives: The Senior Solution Advisor designs, implements, and
troubleshoots complex technical environments across the global
enterprise. This position will represent the Enterprise Client
Computing department as a member of the Virtual Workspace
Engineering team. The CVW Engineering team has responsibility for
infrastructures related to desktop virtualization, application
virtualization, and remote access solutions. This will include but
will not be limited to: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix
Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop, and other related
technologies. The ideal candidate will have a background in
multiple IT disciplines and be highly proficient in the following
areas: workspace virtualization, application presentation,
directory services, policy management, configuration management,
and workflow automation. Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Designs and manages highly complex "Citrix Virtual Apps and
Desktops" infrastructure, within a global multi-domain
- Plans and facilitates the migration and lifecycle of Citrix
components for on-prem and cloud environments.
- Lead contributor to VDI improvement efforts and acts as a SME
on cross-functional project teams.
- Gathers and compiles accurate information to analyze risks and
propose viable solutions.
- Proactively improves or automates management processes using
PowerShell or other scripting methods.
- Plans high-impact changes to improve user experience,
operational efficiency and support processes.
- Designs and manages solutions within Citrix Cloud and Microsoft
Azure to drive cloud initiatives.
- Creates and maintains VDI architecture diagrams, configuration
documents, and operating procedures.
- Leads small/medium size teams through complex technical project
efforts with ability to drive to completion. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Several years experience with leading the design of enterprise
level solutions to enable and secure a globally dispersed remote
- Relevant certifications pertaining to Citrix, Microsoft, Azure
preferred but not required.
- Expert knowledge on managing "Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops"
components on-prem or in the cloud.
- Ability to adhere to a strict change control environment and
work with limited supervision.
- Strives to continually innovate, developing new ways of
thinking and working.
- Advanced knowledge of VDI stack: presentation, brokering,
provisioning, imaging, apps, and user layers.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows
OS, and Profile Management.
- Significant experience with automation leveraging Azure CLI,
PowerShell, VBS to automate and simplify tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud services such as: Citrix Cloud,
Microsoft Azure, or Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Familiar with project or work management concepts such as:
ITIL, Scrum, LEAN, Agile, or DevOps.
- Influences internal engineering and operational counterparts
with keeping up to date on emerging cloud technologies and
- Must work well with colleagues and customers; ability to
demonstrate empathy and collaboration is key!
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and
ability to openly discuss solution proposals.
- Must build positive working relationships with team members,
support staff, and business representatives This position is not
eligible to be performed in Colorado. About Cigna Cigna Corporation
(NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to
improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we
serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through
Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical,
dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits,
and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees
worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more
affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched
expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to
patient-centered care, we are a force of health services
innovation. When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful
career experiences that enrich people's lives while working
together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will
you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on
Instagram. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard
to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including
pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited
to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry,
marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity
laws. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the
online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
response. About Cigna Employment with Cigna, including employment
within the LDP program, is at-will; that is, it is not for a
specified period of time and can be terminated at any time for any
reason, with or without cause or notice, by me or by Cigna. LDP
programs, policies and processes may be changed by Cigna at any
Keywords: Cigna, Hartford , Sr. Citrix Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!