Senior Project Engineer
Company: QuEST Global
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Description Position: Sr. Project Engineer - Fuel Cell
Location : Danbury, CT
- Coordinates project tasks within cross-functional Research,
Development and Demonstration (RD&D) project teams, including
setting agendas and leading project meetings, and assigning action
items and tracking them to completion.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains project schedules using
Microsoft Project software
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparations of technical
reports or presentations for internal stakeholders, customers, and
- Monitors progress in RD&D projects including budgets,
schedules and milestones.
- Interfaces with customers and federal project managers related
to the Company's Advanced Technology RD&D projects.
- Identifies markets, determines the feasibility of product
development, directs the performance of economic analyses on new or
improved product opportunities and coordinates with research,
marketing, and production departments in establishing and
monitoring product development plans.
- Leads project proposal efforts, including development of work
scope, schedule and budgets.
- Oversees the application of process/mechanical codes (such as
ASME, ANSI, etc.) to new product designs and coordinates the
certification of fuel cell systems to the applicable codes and
- Works with suppliers to maintain delivery schedules and qualify
equipment/designs for fuel cell balance-of-plant systems.
- Ensures that new systems are developed in accordance with best
safety practices. This includes participating in Hazard and
Operability Analysis (HAZOP) reviews.
- Supports system fabrication, installation, and commissioning
activities when needed to ensure proper operation for carbon
capture, hydrogen production, energy storage, and power generation
- Prepares presentations and reports to communicate designs to
key internal and external stakeholders.
- Travel 5-10% domestic and international
Education : --BS or higher degree in Chemical or Mechanical
Engineering, or related field. MBA is a plus.
Experience : Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience.
Required Experience and Characteristics :
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Experience in customer-facing project leadership role
- Project engineering or engineering design experience in a
highly technical field with a focus on new product development and
- High degree of proficiency in scheduling using MS Project
software and Critical Path Analysis is required.
- Familiar with the following engineering disciplines:--piping &
instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), equipment sizing and costing,
safety and risk analysis, mechanical design and fabrication,
supplier qualification and management, document control and quality
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
to effectively communicate complex ideas and scientific findings in
a succinct way with stakeholders, both internally and
- Team player who works willingly with others and keeps a
positive, goal-focused outlook when tackling challenging,
time-sensitive engineering problems.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly shift gears into
multi-disciplinary roles based on current project
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with international codes and standards
in the above technical areas would be a plus.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional, or similar
certificate program, is desirable.
Working Environment/Working Conditions :
- Desk work using a computer.
- This position is located indoors and requires the ability to
move between separated rooms within the same building.
- Occasional work outdoors in a power plant environment during
- Must be able to work physically in the office environment, lab
environment and in the field
- Walking/standing/working in an office, lab, fabrication area,
or designated installation site environment
- Periodic work outdoors in a power plant environment during
- Lifting up to 25 lbs., utilizing both hands simultaneously,
utilizing hand tools, test equipment
- Be able and willing to wear required Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) as designated such as safety glasses, safety shoes,
hard hats, respirator, and other PPE as required.
- Occasional domestic travel via car and/or commercial
- Travel: up to 10% domestic or international
- Have or be able to obtain a Passport
Keywords: QuEST Global, Hartford , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!