Production SUpport ENgineer
Company: The Travelers Companies
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Company Summary Taking care of our customers, our communities
and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Target Openings 1 Job Description Summary Are you seeking a
dynamic, diverse and growth oriented environment in technology? Is
passion for problem solving in your DNA? Are you seeking a company
that offers comprehensive benefits including a pension and a
matching 401K? Imagine the possibilities at Travelers! Our
Analytics Incident Support Team is seeking a Production Support
Engineer. Under limited supervision you will lead investigation and
resolution efforts for critical/high impact problems, defects and
incidents. You will manage the effective use of team resources to
implement ongoing projects, enhancements, and/or initiatives. You
will act as subject matter expert for assigned applications,
systems, and technologies. This role provides technical guidance to
team members. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical/ high
impact defects, problems, and incidents.
- Acts as subject matter expert for assigned applications,
systems or technologies.
- Responsible for transforming business specifications and
requirements into organized technical activities.
- Collaborates with project team and other key stakeholders to
identify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement
- Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the
- Provides team direction, mentorship, and feedback to technical
- Ensures work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to
formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
its equivalent in work experience, and five years of
programming/development experience. Education, Work Experience, &
- 5-6 years of programming/development experience in SQL is
- Experience with Talend or Ab Initio is preferred
- Autosys is highly preferred
- ETL experience is preferred
- Experience with AWS would be a plus!
- Python development experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Cognos is a plus
- Ability to be a self-starter and driven is needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are key. Job
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Able to utilize strong Problem Solving Skills related to
supporting run time job incidents.
- Working knowledge of ETL toolsets such as Talend or Ab Initio
and job scheduling systems such as Autosys.
- Able to expertly assess, design develop, and support
applications, systems and solutions to achieve business and/or
- Demonstrates technical expertise for multiple languages,
applications, systems, technologies, and/or frameworks, and has the
ability to influence technical direction or defect resolution.
- Fully understands business applications and/or technical system
environments in which the system operates.
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous
manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team
members - including active listening and effective written and
verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate
- Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of
varying size and level.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business
priorities through solution identification aligned with business
objectives and goals.
- Able to communicate in business terms and describe IT
capabilities and concepts in ways that the business can
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex
- Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates
- Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available
- Team Orientation:
- Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the
organization to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Accountable to set technical goals and priorities for self and
other team members.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and
establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in
- Able to effectively collaborate with Project Manager and
utilize sound project management practices.
- Able to manage time and competing priorities.
- Financial Awareness: Able to assess the financial impact of
recommended designs/solutions. Environmental / Work Schedules /
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting. Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences. If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Hartford , Production SUpport ENgineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!