Lead AWS Cloud Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year
after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Healthcare Business Unit
Perficient is on a mission to help the Healthcare industry take
advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and
patterns to improve the quality and affordability of care. This is
an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist
Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to
improve care through better use of data and information, and in the
process take their career to the next level.
Perficient is looking for an experienced Lead AWS Cloud Engineer to
join our Healthcare Business Unit.
The Technical Lead provides technology direction, ensures project
implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to
innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. As a
Technology Architect, you will significantly contribute to
identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more
projects; you will collaborate with some of the best talent in the
industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions,
participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients'
- Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution
teams for implementation
- Work with application developers, users, operational
leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and
future data needs. Recommend modern technology stacks to meet those
goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use .
- Lead a work stream or act as a team lead and manage non-complex
components of the work plan/project.
- Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet
project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and
within project scope.
- 3 -5 years of hand-on experience on big data projects.
- Experience in dealing with structured, semi-structured and
unstructured data in batch and real-time environments.
- 2 years of experience in AWS Cloud including RDS, DMS and
- Experience with Apache Airflow , open-source workflow
- Good experience on Spark, distributed processing, Spark
structured streaming, implementing batch and streaming data
- Strong programming experience on Python with specific
application on Data processing use cases.
- Stong understanding of streaming technologies including
experience working with Kafka.
- Strong experience working with loading, extracting data from
Glue, SQL, DDL, DML commands.
- Data streaming and developing data pipelines driven by
events/queues a plus
- Data base experience including NoSQL data bases like MongoDb,
Cassandra etc. a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as Agile tools and
processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling and
Modeling of Unstructured Data a plus
- Good experience in end-to-end implementation of DW BI projects,
especially in data warehouse and mart developments
- Experience in preparing test scripts and test cases to validate
data and maintaining data quality
Preferred Skills And Education
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equal
- Certification in AWS preferred
- Experience working with Healthcare payer data.
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell
2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, Hartford , Lead AWS Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!