Sr. Director, Process Engineering
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryCustomer Experience, Project ManagementTarget
Openings1Job Description SummaryLead/participate in high profile
process assessment, improvement and design services to improve
overall business performance, customer experience and employee
experience by identifying impediments to effective and efficient
operational performance. Introduce changes in operational processes
and organizational behaviors that have a positive impact on bottom
line results. Identify opportunities to improve productivity,
decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy and
timeliness, change behaviors, redesign roles and improve
operational controls. Manage, organize and coordinate project
assignments. Oversee the work of others to ensure assignments are
completed on time. Provide direction and consultation as needed.
Provide technical consulting, generate new ideas, influence
business leaders on the benefits, and assist in their
implementation to achieve recommended results. Consult with
business leaders on Business-wide or Enterprise-wide issues.Primary
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Satisfies customer demand and internal business requirements by
leading efforts focused on providing process assessment and
improvement services for the department to improve overall business
performance through redesigned workflows, proper staffing levels,
redefined roles and responsibilities, productive behaviors, and
effective use of technology that have a positive impact on bottom
line results and the customer's experience.
- Collaborates with and advises Senior leaders, Department
leaders and subject matter experts about how to convert ambiguous
requests into specific areas of focus to define the project scope
and optimize the value of the process assessment.
- Determines and develops the overall project framework,
approach, timeline, and resource allocation.
- Leads agile project team and is accountable for project
deliverables. Manages and concurrently functions as an individual
contributor on higher complexity process assessment and improvement
projects. Assigns work and manages the work of others.
- Assesses and identifies opportunities for the most
challenging/most ambiguous aspects of the process.
- Manages and/or collaborates with others on multiple process
assessment and improvement projects.
- Leads and facilitates discovery work sessions with process
participant groups or individuals and their management to
investigate, document and develop a detailed and comprehensive
understanding of the higher complexity aspects of the process and
the underlying embedded behaviors that are influencing
- Synthesizes, associates and assesses significant amounts of
disparate information to identify process issues, their root
causes, how different actions generate different results (cause and
effect), and the collective impact on process efficiency,
effectiveness and the customer's experience for the higher
complexity aspects of the process.
- Applies expert knowledge of Lean Six Sigma process techniques
and methodologies to assess the risks and benefits of different
process improvement opportunities.
- Identifies both strategic and tactical process recommendations
focused on developing a process model that optimizes process
efficiency, effectiveness and the customer's experience for the
higher complexity process issues, along with their anticipated
impact on the process.
- Determines report format and contents. Creates a formal report
(process insights, facts, details, examples, recommendations and
impacts) describing the process and opportunities in a clear/easy
to understand format, so leadership can make more informed
decisions about how to optimize processes.
- Leads and advises Project Engineers, Consultants and Directors
on the identification and formal documentation of process
assessment findings and recommendations.
- Presents the higher complexity process findings,
recommendations and implementation considerations during formal
discussions with senior leaders to influence how they view their
processes. Leads the presentation discussion.
- Meets with requesting area senior leaders to provide periodic
status updates of current project efforts.
- Meets with Manager to review the overall project framework,
approach and timeline; and provide periodic status updates of
- Accountable for business alignment through all phases of the
project, including meeting with leaders within department and
Senior leaders and leaders from the area requesting the
- Provides direction, mentoring, coaching and consultation to
Process Engineers, Consultants and Directors for assigned projects,
focusing on determining whether the appropriate approach,
methodologies, and problem-solving techniques are appropriately
employed. Ensures assigned projects are completed on time.
- Leads area/department initiatives beyond core project
- 6 years of experience applying Lean Six Sigma or process
management principles and methods, including root cause
- 4 years of experience managing process improvement
projects.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Four year college degree.
- Expert critical thinking skills.
- Solid Knowledge of Property Casualty and services.
- Expert organization, analytic and project management
- Proficient at using Microsoft desktop tools and other
technologies (PowerPoint, Excel, video conferencing, Skype,
- 4 years of relevant business experience in a financial
- Familiarity with Agile methodologyLicensing or Certificates
- Black belt certificationJob Specific Technical Skills &
- Interacts effectively with all levels of management and
- Demonstrated skills and experience:
- Leading project scoping discussions and negotiating with senior
- Collecting process information from individuals via interviews,
observation and/or facilitating large groups.
- Documenting processes via a variety of formats (narrative,
process maps, illustrations, etc.).
- Synthesizing, assessing and analyzing information to surface
process improvement opportunities.
- Thinking critically to connect disparate information.
- Thinking creatively to identify both strategic and tactical
- Identifying both qualitative and quantitative impacts of
- Making effective and persuasive oral and written presentations
to influence others.
- Works independently with infrequent/limited supervision.
- Works collaboratively with others in a project team
- Builds and maintains strong and ongoing business relationships
with project participants, leaders, including Senior leaders and
Department leaders, which fosters connections and
- Leads higher complexity process assessment and improvement
- Manages own work and directs the work of others.
- Demonstrates decisiveness, initiative, innovation in achieving
results and the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Coaches, mentors, develops and reviews the work of Process
Engineers, Consultants, Directors and rotation staff.
- Responds quickly and effectively to customer's needs and takes
appropriate actions to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to providing superior services
and adding significant value.Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally (will operate in core
east coast hours)Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that
is designed to support flexibility.Employment PracticesTravelers is
an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and
talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize
that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about
our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Sr. Director, Process Engineering, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!