Director, Data Analytics Engineer
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$107,100.00 - $176,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that
contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire
enterprise. As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in growing
and transforming our analytics landscape. In addition to your
strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude
and ability to translate stories found in data by leveraging a
variety of data programming techniques. You will leverage your
ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture,
explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial
Intelligence, Machine Learning and business
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and operationalize complex data solutions, correct
problems, apply transformations, and recommending data
- Design complex data solutions
- Perform analysis of complex sources to determine value and use
and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data
governance, data security and data quality.
- Collaborate within and across teams to support delivery and
educate end users on complex data products/analytic
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for
complex defects and incidents and correct as appropriate.
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools,
techniques, and manipulation.
- Four years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Eight years of related experience
- Highly proficient use of tools, techniques, and manipulation
including Cloud platforms, programming languages, and a full
understanding of modern software engineering practices.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to
achieve commitments, deliver complete solutions but release them in
small batches, and identify and negotiate important tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including
understanding technical concepts necessary and industry trends, and
possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some
knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Strong problem solver who ensures systems are built with
longevity and creates innovate ways to resolve issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to work collaborate well with team members and business
- Ability to lead team members and help create a safe environment
for others to learn and grow as engineers. and a proven track
record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Director, Data Analytics Engineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!