Company: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2022
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world's leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting services.Barry-Wehmiller
is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and
manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting
and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric
leadership with disciplined operational strategies and
purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job
Description:Job SummaryAs a Network Engineer, you will be involved
in audit, specification, design, development, testing, and
implementation of industrial networks. Platforms primarily include
Cisco/Stratix line of enterprise and industrial hardware.This
position involves implementation of industrial networks, primarily
for manufacturing facilities. - You will serve as a key member in
full project lifecycle of entire site-wide network design through
complete commissioning, as well as modification to existing
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, network
hardware components, and interrelated network communication
protocols. - Experience in industrial controls network design is a
- Work within the customers environment to display technical
skills and integrity, working with the customer to design solutions
to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Create accurate network diagrams/documentation for design,
planning, and procurement. - Must be able to put together a full
BOM to fulfill project design requirements - from network hardware
to structured cabling and connectors.
- Provide direction and clarification to installers and other
onsite staff regarding the physical network installation.
- Commission and troubleshoot network hardware onsite for initial
validation through complete project commissioning and sign
- Experience and demonstrated ability to configure Rockwell/Cisco
switches. Experience with other manufacturers' switches and
firewall is a plus.
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional team environment
to achieve overall project goals.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, basic
understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong
computer skills (Microsoft Office, Visio, & AutoCAD).Basic
- 3+ years of related experience within either manufacturing
environment and/or a direct networking position or equivalent.
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud technology
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer
Science, or equivalent technical degree/experience.
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal
skills. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter
and can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel at least 40-60% travel will be required to
support installation and start-up activities, attend Client
meetings, etc. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Must exhibit some degree of fluency in Cisco CLI. - Other
manufacturers' CLI fluency is a plus.
- Experience in industrial and/or manufacturing
- Network certifications: - CCNA/NP, IMINS, etc.
- Security experience/certifications: - ISA, GICSP, CISSP,
- Network tools (GNS3, SolarWinds, Network Manager, etc.)
- Control system experience (PLCs, SCADA software, etc.)
- Virtualization hardware and software (Dell, HP, VMware,
- Application development or system administration experience.At
Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of
experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a
job. - If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. - We know that our differences
often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. - Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process. ---Barry-Wehmiller is
an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses
E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening
which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment
verifications, background screening and/or skills
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc., Hartford , Network Engineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!