Sr. Storage Engineer - Infrastructure & Cloud Services
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$89,400.00 - $147,400.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking a Sr. Storage
Engineer to join our organization as we grow and transform our
Technology landscape. This is a technical individual contributor
role in the Storage & Data Protection Services team within the
Infrastructure & Cloud Services (ICS) division of Travelers. The
Sr. Storage Engineer will be responsible for designing, building,
and maintaining enterprise storage platforms on-premises as well as
storage services in public cloud.Under general supervision,
demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed
related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of
infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level
designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with
appropriate customers, management and technical resources.
Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and
implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one
or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements
appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms,
databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability
to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.What Will
- Design, build, and maintain storage solutions for
multi-platform needs on-premises and in public cloud
- Evaluates storage specifications regarding customer
requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective,
technically correct solutions.
- Provide research and development expertise to evaluate existing
storage services and further enhance them to provide a more robust
- Participates in investigations of application performance
issues relating to storage services.
- Monitors growth trends and plans capacity adds
- Performs upgrades to storage platforms and their supporting
- Works collaboratively across organizations to proactively
identify ways to improve and optimize Travelers storage services,
through tactical recommendations and strategic plans.
- Develops strategic solutions that align with business
objectives and architectural direction of the organization.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget
objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established
quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management
with timely and accurate information regarding the status and
performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement
optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across
technical and business community.
- Prioritizes work according to business priorities and
production availability requirements.
- Provide training and documentation of systems and support
documents for operations and engineering staff.
- Participates in on-call rotation and perform occasional
off-hour work on nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Subject-matter expertise in designing, implementing, and
supporting enterprise block, NAS, and object storage solutions that
will meet the needs of various workloads across platforms.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting one or more of the following
Dell storage technologies PowerMax, Unity, PowerScale, ECS and
their supporting products (Unisphere, Solutions Enabler, ViPR SRM,
- Recent hands-on experience working with AWS storage
- SAN switch and fabric knowledge.
- Ability to manage ticket queues and escalate accordingly.
- Hands on experience with Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of data protection solutions.
- Strong understanding of disaster recovery solutions and
strategies in an enterprise environment.
- High integrity; a person who believes in challenging the status
quo when needed, while always first seeking to understand
- Must be able to work with a range of individuals from across
the company with different backgrounds and styles and identify both
where yourself and others best add value to project work.
- Ability to analyze and break problems into their essential
parts and highlight perspectives on outcomes and be able to test
- Stays ahead of industry trends as it relates to cloud, compute,
and storage platforms.
- AWS and Dell certifications preferred but not required.What is
a Must Have?
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.What Is in It
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Sr. Storage Engineer - Infrastructure & Cloud Services, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!