Engineer, Underground Transmission Line
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Engineer, Underground Transmission Line page is loaded Engineer,
Underground Transmission Line Apply locations Hartford, CT time
type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id
R-019757 Check out this video and find out why our team loves to
work here! The position will support the engineering, design,
construction, maintenance and operation of Transmission Lines on
the Eversource System. This requires familiarity with relevant
design theories, codes and software packages. Specific duties
include: design of underground transmission lines and supporting
structures (e.g. riser poles, duct banks, termination structures,
manholes), technical analysis (e.g. impedance calculations,
ampacity calculations), development of documentation for and
participation in regulatory and siting processes (e.g. creation of
drawings, reports, cost and material estimates, interrogatory
responses), field support during construction of new or maintenance
of existing lines and other duties as required.Essential
Functions:Support of Capital Investment Program:
- Support in drafting documents for the initiation of projects
including estimates, project justifications and scopes, full
project initiation submittals, drawings, photographs, etc.
- Support of the design of underground transmission lines using
Cymcap, and other associated software.
- Development of siting and permitting technical details and
representing Eversource as the technical voice for the system
solution (e.g. public presentations forum discussions, etc.).
- Development and oversight of design details, specifications,
material lists and drawing packages to be issued for procurement of
transmission materials and construction of transmission
- Support the documentation of newly constructed Transmission
Line facilities.Support of Maintenance and Operations groups at
- Support the maintenance and operation of Transmission Line
facilities on the Eversource System with engineering analysis
- Review external uses of Eversource rights-of-way against
- Analyze data from the field about the condition of Transmission
Line Assets and provide technical guidance regarding replacement
- Assist other organizations within Eversource with information
and guidance regarding transmission facilities. These groups can
include (but are not limited to): Plant Accounting, Transmission
Asset Management, Real Estate, Cost Estimating, Project Management,
Legal, Regulatory Policy & Planning, Governmental Affairs, Customer
- Knowledge of Underground Transmission Line electrical
- Familiarity with Underground Transmission Line construction
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Safety Code ("NESC"),
the Connecticut Siting Council, and various design standards (IEEE,
CIGRE, ICEA, AEIC, IEC).
- Knowledge of the guidance in ASTM material testing
- Familiarity with software products Microsoft Office, MathCAD,
Pull Planner 4.0, USAmp, CYMCAP, MATLAB, FEA/COMSOL.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory
environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of
Eversource's office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make
formal presentations and translate technical information into terms
that are meaningful to the audience.
- Organizational skills and ability to setup and work to a
schedule on capital projects
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to
facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Education : A
Bachelor's degree in engineering is required. A
civil/electrical/mechanical engineering degree is preferred. An
advanced degree in Engineering or Business Administration is
desirable. An Engineering Intern's License is desirable. Worker
Type: Regular Number of Openings: 1 EEO Statement Eversource Energy
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or
protected veteran status.VEVRRA Federal Contractor Vaccination
Information: Eversource requires all new employees to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. -If you
have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you
will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource's HR department
after you have been made a conditional offer of employment.
Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination
status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and
complies with all applicable laws. Emergency Response :Responding
to emergency situations to meet customers' needs is part of every
employee's role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency
Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist
during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work
hours and location. - Similar Jobs (1) Engineer, Asset Management
locations Hartford, CT time type Full time posted on Posted 30+
Days Ago About Us Who we are: Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a
Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor's 500 energy company based in
Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New
England's largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed
to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship,
and expanding energy options for its 4.3 million electric and
natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers,
communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the
best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated
individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the
value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in
working safely every day.
Keywords: Eversource, Hartford , Engineer, Underground Transmission Line, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...