Posted on: March 19, 2023
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
here! Eversource is looking for a Senior Engineer to be located in
Hartford, CT or New Bedford, MA. The Transmission Interconnections
and Services Senior Engineer is responsible for the overall
management of third-party interconnections on the Eversource
transmission system (generation, load and transmission); the
Eversource OASIS site; regional and federal aspects of Distributed
Energy Resources; coordination of third party requests to co-locate
on existing rights-of-way; and strategic management of the open
access transmission tariff (OATT) relative enabling/supporting the
company's desired strategy. Significant interactions with various
Eversource departments, ISO-NE staff and interconnecting customers
are necessary in order to provide appropriate engineering support
and excellent customer service to interconnecting
customers.Essential Functions: -
- Implementing interconnection studies and agreements pursuant to
Schedules 22/23/25 of the NEPOOL Open Access Transmission
- Strong understanding of ISO-NE markets preferred.
- Analysis of potential business transactions (energy,
renewables, transmission service).
- Monitoring and evaluating Federal and State Public Policies
that affect the EVERSOURCE service territory.
- Developing and administering contracts and enabling agreements
with new interconnecting customers.
- Broad understanding and ability to provide creative solutions
for interconnection that are coupled with EVERSOURCE's mission
- Coordinating and developing reports in support of EVERSOURCE
risk controls and financial reporting requirements. Technical
- In-depth experience with the New England interconnection
procedures for both transmission and distribution connected
- Detailed understanding of current ISO-NE market rules, policies
and procedures including the NEPOOL Open Access Transmission
- Strong understanding of needed system studies and construction
sequencing for generation and load projects interconnecting to the
- Familiarity with generation resource operations, dispatch and
- Basic understanding of operation of existing transmission
arrangements with EVERSOURCE's business partners.
- Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with external
business partners including members of regulatory bodies and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the
ability to communicate effectively with others on technical
- Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities
- -Detailed understanding of current ISO-NE market rules,
policies and procedures including the NEPOOL Open Access
- Strong customer focus Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required
- Master's degree preferredExperience :
- Five to eight years related experienceWorking Conditions:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
#engajd Worker Type: Regular Number of Openings: 1 EEO Statement
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability
status, or protected veteran status.VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Vaccination Information: Eversource requires all new employees to
be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
-If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this
requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with
Eversource's HR department after you have been made a conditional
offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to
discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer
of employment and complies with all applicable laws. Emergency
Response :Responding to emergency situations to meet customers'
needs is part of every employee's role. If employed, you will be
given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be
called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal
responsibilities, work hours and location. - Eversource Energy
(NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor's 500 energy company
based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New
England's largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed
to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship,
and expanding energy options for its 4.3 million electric and
natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers,
communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the
best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated
individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the
value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in
working safely every day.
Keywords: Eversource, Hartford , Senior Engineer, Engineering , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...