Director, Information Delivery
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Job ID: R-5486
Job Category: Bus Intelligence & Management Information
Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: Saint Paul, MN, Nationwide
Posted Date: February 8, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary Are you interested in becoming a member of
a highly skilled team that provides development and production
support for Business Insurance enterprise applications/tools? As a
member of the team, you will help develop and deliver sophisticated
analytic solutions, provide strategic thinking, assist with
solution designs and drive architectural recommendations that
support Business Insurance's strategic initiatives. The incumbent
will be energetic, a superior problem solver, an exceptional
communicator and have strong SAS skills and good knowledge of
Python. The Director of Information Delivery is a team leader
within the organization responsible for directly leading an
execution team for assigned customer relationships, partnering with
business intelligence peers to deliver solutions from Data
Discovery to Business Intelligence application development. Primary
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead solution design within assigned tasks and validates that
developed solutions align with defined business requirements and
info delivery architecture patterns. .
- Lead prototyping and validate prototypes before production
- Responsible for the production process and support for
Information Delivery assets.
- Assists in the development of the strategic plan for
Information Delivery including identification appropriate
infrastructures, tools and performance requirements.
- Responsible for the development of guidelines and recommends
best practices to mitigate defects and ensure data quality.
- Oversees the translation of business requirements into
technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery
- Performs analysis of complex and unfamiliar data sources to
determine value and use. Determines and recommends data to include
in info delivery projects.
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform complex
ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Operationalize and automates complex data products
- Develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and
- Drives recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Occasionally presents and translates complex information in
relevant business terms.
- Ensures business and data users are properly trained on data
- Develop and own project timelines and plans for assigned
- Integrates work efforts within respective team portfolios.
- Provides leadership by assigning work based on priorities and
coaching / mentoring team members.
- Ability to work well and build consensus among a diverse group
of stakeholders Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics,
Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 5 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Ability to learn Python.
- Knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not
limited to): MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI,
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 9 years of general business experience.
- 8 years experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced
knowledge of Excel
- 8 years experience coding SQL Job Specific Technical Skills &
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous
manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team
members - including active listening and effective written and
verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate
team, business partners and functional partners.
- Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex
- Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates
- Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available
- Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and
- Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the
organization to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business
priorities through solution identification aligned with business
objectives and goals.
- Accountable to set goals, objectives and priorities for self
and other team members.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Collaborates across the Enterprise and participates in pipeline
- Builds consensus among a diverse group stakeholders. Employment
Practices Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.-- If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. Careers at
Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments
become your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Director, Information Delivery, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!