Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Job ID: R-5618
Job Category: Human Resources
Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: Washington, DC, Alpharetta, GA, Boston, MA,
Saint Paul, MN, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA,
Posted Date: February 10, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary By creating a welcoming environment that
brings people with different backgrounds and perspectives together,
we enable new ideas, innovation and a culture in which employees
feel valued, respected and supported. The Vice President, Diversity
& Inclusion is a key player in designing this critical piece of the
employee experience and is responsible for leading and managing the
ongoing advancement and implementation of Travelers Diversity &
Inclusion strategies. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive enterprise-wide Diversity
and Inclusion (D&I) strategy that drives a culture of
inclusion, innovation and employee engagement.
- Consult with and support key Business and HR stakeholders to
ensure D&I strategies are reflected in business plans and
- Collaborate with all HR Business Partners and centers of
excellence to deliver the D&I strategy, specifically promoting
the acquisition, development and retention of a diverse
- Monitor internal and external diversity trends and legal
developments and serve as a subject matter expert to partner on
diversity and inclusion with all key Business and HR
- Develop, lead and leverage external partnerships with key
- Partner with Compensation and HR Analytics to develop a set of
data and analytics which will provide insights to key Business and
HR stakeholders that result in innovative and dynamic ideas to
advance D&I strategies.
- Manage approach to internal diversity councils to ensure we
meet broader D&I strategic objectives.
- Provide thought leadership and consultation to our Diversity
Networks (ERGs) Leadership Teams and Executive Sponsors.
- Represent the Office of Diversity & Inclusion through internal
and external speaking events and public panels.
- Provide direction and oversight to D&I staff which includes
a focus on internal diversity councils, diversity networks, D&I
education and awareness and talent portfolio management, including
our EDGE program.
- Partner with Marketing & Communications, Employment Branding,
Supplier Diversity and Community Relations to ensure a coordinated
approach to the external market. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience in a related
D&I role. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 10 years of relevant work experience in a complex matrixed
corporate environment including 5 years of management experience. A
combination of D&I and Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current talent and D&I strategies
- Solid external professional network in the D&I space. Job
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with
individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business
community, partner organizations, and/or vendors.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with
long-term strategy goals and budget.
- Excellent project management skills. Results-oriented with
ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
Possesses ability to translate sometimes ambiguous goals into
operating plans and supporting initiatives.
- Expertise in drawing meaningful insights from data to create
strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions. Able to
identify and track metrics of success.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key
partners; gets results through collaboration.
- Skilled facilitator, able to navigate tough conversations with
a senior audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to create content and deliver correspondence and effective
- Demonstrated track record of building, developing and leading
teams. Employment Practices Travelers is an equal opportunity
employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual
brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in
numerous ways from our differences.-- If you have questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email so we may assist you. Travelers reserves the right to fill
this position at a level above or below the level included in this
posting. Careers at Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's
most important moments become your life's work. That means helping
families feel secure, businesses to prosper, knowing that you've
made a difference, and feeling like you belong to something bigger.
It also means being part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented
and passionate people that are evolving to meet changing needs -
from customer service to data science and beyond. If that's more
than you imagined in an insurance career, it's time to join us at
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!