Director, Salesforce Product Owner / Team Lead - Remote
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job ID: R-5682
Job Category: Technology
Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: Nationwide
Posted Date: February 11, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 2
Job Description Summary Travelers is seeking a Director, Salesforce
Team Lead / Product Owner to join our organization to lead a team
to deliver capabilities/solutions in an agile way. In this position
you will act as a voice of the end-user to guide day-to-day work of
a cross-functional team, focusing on achievement of defined
outcomes versus defining how the work is completed. Primary Job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop solutions by defining process flows and understanding
Salesforce system capabilities
- Work with stakeholders and Business Owners to understand and
set priorities, gather, understand and define requirements
- Collaborate with team members to design scalable and flexible
solutions that enable our business and align with best
- Provide clear communication to stakeholders, team members and
managers of project updates, key milestones and status
- Plan and facilitate User Workshops i.e. Discovery and Framing
- Define, prioritize and ensure a ready backlog of work for a
cross-functional product team, accept final product output,
focusing on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the
work is completed.
- Effectively manage a backlog of deliverables and capabilities
as well as 'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at
defining/refining future deliverables, measuring performance and
adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Translate business strategies and needs into execution ready
work for an Agile product team; define team goals and strategy,
ensuring alignment with circle and value stream vision; Articulate
team goals and strategy effectively to key stakeholders, Circle
Leads, and team members.
- Act as voice of the end-user; have a deep understanding of and
anticipate and proactively seek customer feedback ensuring needs
and requirements are clearly defined; ensure team work product
meets defined acceptance criteria.
- Own team backlog, including prioritization and refinement; Make
trade-off decisions to maximize value.
- Optimize the flow of value by setting objectives and key
performance indicators (KPIs) for solutions.
- Inform and participate in business readiness; understand the
impact of change, translate the approach to manage adoption and
- Provide feedback on work-in-progress, clarify requirements and
contribute to removing roadblocks or impediments; Look for
opportunities for continuous team and process improvement.
- Partner with key leaders and peers across to determine
resources required to achieve defined business outcomes.
- Share best practices across teams to ensure alignment and
consistency in ways of working within a value stream.
- Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment,
promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and
self-organization. Minimum Qualifications
- Three years of work experience in related field required
- Three years of experience motivating/influencing teams
required. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3-5 years of Salesforce experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- Two years of experience in Agile product management
- Three years of experience articulating and translating business
strategy, product vision, and analysis for a product preferred. Job
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage,
respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices
and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition
that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives
and which is the north star for the team
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all
levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals
thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts,
practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a
cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually
improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Employment Practices Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We
value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to
our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways
from our differences.-- If you have questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position
at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Careers at Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most
important moments become your life's work. That means helping
families feel secure, businesses to prosper, knowing that you've
made a difference, and feeling like you belong to something bigger.
It also means being part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented
and passionate people that are evolving to meet changing needs -
from customer service to data science and beyond. If that's more
than you imagined in an insurance career, it's time to join us at
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Director, Salesforce Product Owner / Team Lead - Remote, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!