VP, Agile Practices and Learning
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Company Summary Taking care of our customers, our communities
and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings 1Job Description Summary Reporting to the SVP,
Strategy Planning and Execution, and as a member of the Technology
and Operations Extended Leadership Team, your key areas of
responsibility will be to grow and sustain Agile principles and
practices across the enterprise in partnership with the business
CIOs and their Agile Offices and to strengthen and lead the
Technology and Operations Learning and Development function across
the enterprise. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides strong strategic leadership, direction, and execution
focus to Technology and Operations Agile and Learning teams.
- Grow and sustain Agile principles and practices across the
enterprise, beginning with Technology and Operations, in
partnership with the Chief Information Officers and their Agile
- Determine/define outcomes for the Agile program and drive
across the enterprise including continually measuring execution and
- Provide expert-level agile consultation and coaching to enable
the delivery of optimal outcomes, defining minimum critical
standards while allowing each Line of Business autonomy with the
context of our "common as possible, unique as necessary"
- Infuse modern product management principles, practices and
discipline into the organization to improve the customer outcomes
that achieve business results.
- Provide data-driven insights and foster continuous improvement
along with alignment to Agile principles.
- Identify and support the usage of common agile delivery tools
and a common governance framework.
- Lead the continuous improvement of an agile coaching community
within and across the lines of business /segments including
clarifying the Agile delivery practices roles and standards of
excellence, helping coaches measure their effectiveness and
providing a structuring learning environment (e.g. developmental
resources, training, tools, mentoring).
- Accelerate successful Agile adoption across the enterprise by
providing a change management framework and assets for use with
business segments building confidence during implementation and
- Strengthen and lead the Tech & Ops Learning and Development
(L&D) function across the enterprise (initial focus on
- Develop and execute a broad-based strategic learning plan for
Technology and Operations, spanning from early-career technical
skills to digital literacy for business leaders.
- Using strategic workforce plans, deliver the tools and
resources to needed for an agile organization to up-skill and
re-skill our talent to meet the evolving needs of our
- Collaborate with Enterprise Learning colleagues to modernize
the learning platform and integrate technology learning content
with other business and relationship skills content to provide an
exceptional holistic learner experience. Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in
a directly related area, during which both professional and
management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience
required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in a
directly related area, during which both professional and
management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
- Deep expertise and experience in transforming to an Agile
environment including change management, methodologies, measures
and Agile coaching practices.
- Experience in developing and executing a learning strategy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Strategic leadership experience preferred.Job Specific
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of organizational concepts
and motivational methods.
- Has an intuition and a broad in-depth knowledge regarding the
capabilities and direction of technology.
- Understands the corporate and departmental business objectives,
and can relate them on a strategic, tactical and operational level
to design technology solutions that provide a clear competitive
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Agile principles and
practices and Agile Coaching.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Able to understand and leverage resources to accomplish goals
- Able to achieve actionable results through others, build and
maintain trusting business relationships, and interact with all
levels to accomplish results.
- Able to provide strategic solutions tailored to business
- Able to adapt to changing partner/customer needs.
- Master written and verbal communication skills across all
levels, both internally and externally.
- Master presentation, persuasion, and influencing skills.
- Financial Awareness:
- Able to proactively assess potential financial impacts of
decisions across the enterprise; makes recommendations and acts
- Able to demonstrate sound cost-effectiveness and drive
- Able to inspire and promote a vision.
- Ability to support management decisions and proactively acts as
a change champion.
- Able to welcome innovative ideas and is open to other
- Ability to navigate, and work appropriately within,
organizational politics and governance.
- Planning & Project Management:
- Able to identify critical deliverables and establish clear
priorities while keeping the overall enterprise vision in
- Able to propose action plans that are timely, realistic and
positive while meeting leadership expectations.
- Able to manage time and competing priorities, understands how
projects fit within organizational objectives, and delegates
appropriately to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Team Orientation:
- Able to lead by example, while encouraging ownership
environment and consistently setting clear direction, goals and
priorities for team.
- Able to balance organizational, team, and individual
- Able to put success of organization and team above own
- Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is
willing to improve.
- Takes ideas different from own seriously; shares responsibility
and collaborates with others; accepts criticism well; doesn't
assume a single best way.Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel OccasionallyEmployment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you.Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. - provided by
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , VP, Agile Practices and Learning, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!