Director, Network Contracting - Seattle, WA
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Director, Network Contracting - Seattle, WA Location Virtual, US
Category Operations Posted Date: 02/19/2021 Job Id 21002833
PROVIDER CONTRACTING SENIOR ADVISOR -Band 4 This position serves as
an integral member of the Provider Contracting Team and reports to
the Provider Contracting Senior Manager or VP of Contracting. This
role assists in developing the strategic direction and management
of the day to day contracting and network management activities for
a local given territory. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages complex contracting and negotiations for fee for
service and value-based reimbursements with hospitals and other
providers (e.g., Hospital systems, Ancillaries, and large physician
- May lead a team with direct reports.
- Point person for complex projects related to contracting
strategy in the market.
- Builds relationships that nurture provider partnerships and
seeks broader value-based business opportunities to support the
local market strategy.
- Initiates and maintains effective channels of communication
with matrix partners including but not limited to, Claims
Operations, Medical Management. Credentialing, Legal, Medical
Economics, Compliance, Sales and Marketing and Service.
- Manages strategic positioning for provider contracting,
develops networks and identifies opportunities for greater
value-orientation and risk arrangements.
- Contributes to the development of alternative network
initiatives. Supports and provides direction to develop network
analytics required for the network solution.
- Works to meet unit cost targets, while preserving an adequate
network, to achieve and maintain Cigna's competitive position.
- Creates and manages initiatives that improve total medical cost
- Drives change with external provider partners by assessing
clinical informatics and offering consultative expertise to assist
with total medical cost initiatives.
- Prepares, analyzes, reviews, and projects financial impact of
larger or complex provider contracts and alternate contract
- Creates "HCP" agreements that meet internal operational
standards and external provider expectations. Ensures the accurate
implementation, and administration through matrix partners.--
- Leads in resolving elevated and complex provider service
complaints. Researches problems and negotiates with
internal/external partners/customers to resolve highly complex
and/or escalated issues.
- Manages key provider relationships and is accountable for
critical interface with providers and business staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of providers in an assigned geographic
area through understanding the interrelationships as well as the
- Responsible for accurate and timely contract loading and
submissions and interface with matrix partners for network
implementation and maintenance. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Should possess a bachelor degree; preferably in the areas of
Finance, Economics, Healthcare or Business related. Significant
industry experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor
degree. MBA or MHA preferred.
- Five years or more years contracting and negotiating experience
involving complex delivery systems and organizations required.
- Significant experience leading and mentoring others.
- Experience in developing and managing key provider
- Knowledge of complex reimbursement methodologies, including
incentive based models strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in seeking out, building and nurturing
strong external relationships with provider partners.
- Intimate understanding and experience with hospital, managed
care, and provider business models.
- Team player with proven ability to develop strong working
relationships within a fast-paced, matrix organization.
- The ability to influence both sales and provider audiences
through strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience
with formal presentations.
- Customer centric and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates managerial courage as well as an ability to
maneuver effectively in a changing environment.
- Superior problem solving, decision-making, negotiating skills,
contract language and financial acumen.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office tools. This position is
not eligible to be performed in Colorado. About Cigna Cigna
Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated
to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we
serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through
Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical,
dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits,
and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees
worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more
affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched
expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to
patient-centered care, we are a force of health services
innovation. When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful
career experiences that enrich people's lives while working
together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will
you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on
Instagram. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard
to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including
pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited
to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry,
marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity
laws. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the
online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
response. About Cigna Employment with Cigna, including employment
within the LDP program, is at-will; that is, it is not for a
specified period of time and can be terminated at any time for any
reason, with or without cause or notice, by me or by Cigna. LDP
programs, policies and processes may be changed by Cigna at any
Keywords: Cigna, Hartford , Director, Network Contracting - Seattle, WA, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!