Hartford Athletic Event Manager
Company: TeamWork Online
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Hartford Athletic Event Manager with Hartford Athletic in
Hartford -- CT Hartford Athletic is Connecticut's professional
soccer franchise competing in the United Soccer League set to begin
its third season in 2021. In agreement with the city of Hartford,
Hartford Athletic has the opportunity to schedule, organize,
operate and monetize over 40 additional programming and event dates
at Dillon Stadium outside of its regularly scheduled home soccer
matches. Hartford Athletic also operates a growing schedule of
youth and community programming throughout the region year-round.
The Club aims to make the city, state, and region proud, and, in
doing so, make Hartford the best place to live, work, and play.--
Reports to: CEO-- Primary Interfaces:
- Ownership and Affiliated Entities
- VP of Business Operations
- VP of Sales and Strategy
- Hartford Athletic Operations Director
- Green and Blue Foundation Director and Manager The position is
a P and L driven position with the manager responsible for the sale
and scheduling of all programming events, creation and presentation
of pro forma business plans to Ownership, CEO, and VP of Business
Operations. The Event Manager is responsible for lead coordination
and management of all events outside of Hartford Athletic home
soccer matches, including but not limited to Hartford Athletic
camps, clinics and leagues, community and entertainment events.
Offices are in Windsor, with expectation of on-site attendance at
all events, including all Hartford Athletic home matches in a lead
or support operational role. Duties and Responsibilities: Financial
reporting and budgeting
- Oversee and ensure budgets remain in line with the Club's
financial model and--
- --strategic plan.
- Prepare event-related pro forma budget statements and track all
revenues and expenses with accounting department on an event and
- Manager will be tasked with creating event calendar, selling
and filling up to 40 plus dates at Dillon stadium, as well as youth
clinics and leagues throughout the region. Operations
- Event Manager will be responsible for interfacing with city and
state on stadium requirements per event, coordinate all negotiated
with all required vendors, obtain all necessary insurance,
coordinate staffing, security, parking to maximize P and L's while
enhancing community experience and safety.
- In collaboration with Stadium operators, ensure that the
strategic vision for the Club's stadium is defined, developed, and
- Serve as Club's primary point-of-contact regarding the overall
development, implementation and management of non-USL matches,
including but not limited to: Back of House Operations, Gameday
Special Events, Hospitality, Fan Zone, Merchandise, Broadcast,
Media, Traffic Control, Venue, Teams & Officials, Supporters, Match
Operations, Match Presentation, Security and Parking.
- Review all services for optimization, considering internal and
third party options for all divisions of operations.
- Negotiate, administer and manage contracts with outside vendors
and labor groups (as needed).
- Collaborate with Stadium operators on the development of staff,
including hiring, training, coaching and ensuring compliance with
- Work with local officials on event related functions
(city/county codes, parking, transportation, security, licenses,
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met during events
- Organize, manage and transport operations equipment for special
- Coordinate event logistics, including development and execution
of field plans, collateral placement, crowd management and
emergency safety measures.
- Set-up and dress activation areas according to Marketing and
Sponsorship contract obligations.
- Create all event staff paperwork, including credentials, post
orders, brief sheets.
- Track and record attendance of all volunteers.
- Manage the set-up, and clean-up of supplies for in stadium
event operations. Required Skill/Experience:
- Previous experience in multi-cultural event and entertainment
venue sales, management and operations coordination--
- Expertise in creating Pro Forma budgets, evaluating and
minimizing risk/reward of event programming
- Volunteerism and community engagement work preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with tight
- A growth mindset, seeing opportunity and solutions when
presented with challenges and an always-evolving environment
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically and
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced,
- Experience functioning in a 24/7 operating environment,
including frequent work on nights and weekends.
- Perform strenuous physical duties, including carrying heavy
boxes and equipment.
- Follow all policies, procedures and safety precautions
established by the Club.
- Access to a car, a clean driving record, proof of auto
insurance and a valid driver's license.-- We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: TeamWork Online, Hartford , Hartford Athletic Event Manager, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!