Assistant Director of Leadership Giving
Company: Trinity College Hartford Connecticut
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Below you will find the details for the position including any
supplementary documentation and questions you should review before
applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click
the Apply for this Job link/button. If you would like to--bookmark
this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To
email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend
link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your
records, click on the Print Preview link. Please see Special
Instructions for more details. Cover letter must include a
statement about your work or experience with diverse communities
and /or constituents. Title Assistant Director of Leadership Giving
Department Leadership Giving Regular or Temporary Regular Hours Per
Week 40 FLSA Determination Exempt 52 Open Date 03/12/2021 Open
Until Filled Yes Full or Part Time Full Time Position Summary The
Assistant Director of Leadership Giving will be responsible for the
active management of leadership gift prospects as assigned.
Individuals in the Assistant Director's portfolio of approximately
150 prospects will have the capacity to make gifts of $100,000 or
more. The Assistant Director is responsible for moving prospects
through the donor engagement process: identification, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship, and may be assigned to co-lead
special campaign fundraising initiatives. Must be willing to travel
regularly, and have the ability and personality to relate
comfortably to a sophisticated and diverse alumni and parent
At Trinity College, we seek to have our staff reflect the changing
demographics of our student body. Trinity is a highly selective,
independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in
Connecticut's capital, Hartford. Our student body is diverse,
representing 41 states and 70 countries with 21% students of color
and 50% women. Just over 90% of students live in campus residences.
With over 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate
students, the College maintains a rigorous academic profile
complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. The
College enjoys the benefit of being situated in an urban center and
has strong academic, social, and philanthropic connections to our
home city of Hartford. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an
urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold,
independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward Trinity alumni,
parents, and friends as assigned who are capable of making
leadership-level commitments to the College. These gifts may
include restricted/capital gifts, gifts to Annual Giving purposes,
and planned gifts.
- Work closely with colleagues across the campus to set donor
strategy with a focus on soliciting and closing leadership gifts of
$100,000 and above
- Develop and grow relationships with leadership gift prospects
through phone, email, video call and face-to-face meetings
- Collaborate with colleagues on key reunion classes, special
campaign initiatives, and annual giving.
- Assist in obtaining hosts, staffing and executing advancement
events, both on and off campus and virtually.
- Complete all assigned reporting including: travel plans,
itineraries, contact reports, expense reports and monthly status
reports in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively contribute to staff and departmental
meetings, as scheduled.
- Remain informed about the mission of the College, including its
history, academic programs, current activities and policies.
- Write donor proposals, presidential briefings and gift
documentation with precision and in a timely fashion.
- Meet mutually agreed upon performance expectations.
- Some evening and weekend work required. Qualifications Minimum
- Must demonstrate empathy, and must value and foster behaviors
that support a diverse college community.
- A bachelor's degree is required, as well as three or more years
of successful leadership-level fundraising or comparable
experience, preferably in education.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills are
essential, as well as genuine and sincere interest and ability to
interact with a broad range of constituents.
- Ability to problem solve, to create and implement prospect
strategies, and to engage with campus partners is required.
- Must be self-driven, highly organized, flexible, and able to
successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Must be a team player with a highly developed sense of
integrity and work ethic.
- Evidence of a commitment to a liberal arts education and
mission through actual or volunteer experience preferred.
- Computer fluency including Microsoft Office Suite, donor
database software, and query tools is needed. Desired
- Familiarity with fundraising principles and experience in a
higher education or academic setting
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or CRM systems
- Plus Delta Discipline of Frontline Fundraising training
- Comprehensive knowledge of Trinity College's mission and
programs and/or experience in another college setting Physical
- Ability to travel within the United States independently.
Ability to do computer work for extended periods. Special note
- Candidate should be comfortable and adaptable in the current
remote working environment and be able to successfully navigate and
interact with the technologies available to fulfill the duties of
the position in such environment. Special Instructions to
Applicants Cover letter must include a statement about your work or
experience with diverse communities and /or constituents. Required
fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample Optional Documents To ensure the security of
your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.
Keywords: Trinity College Hartford Connecticut, Hartford , Assistant Director of Leadership Giving, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!