Project Director - Business Capabilities Office
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Project Director - Business Capabilities Office Job ID:
Job Category: Project Management
Location: Hartford, CT
Posted Date: March 29, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary This position is the primary point of
accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the
management and implementation of the medium to large size Projects
or small to medium sized Programs that support achievement of
moderate to complex unit or corporate goals. Primary Job Duties &
- Partner with Circle Leads and Team Leads in the planning and
execution of the Projects' or Program's activities and resources,
in alignment with Agile practices.
- Work with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying
advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques
to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or
exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Familiarity with Agile practices and development methodologies,
as well as the use of Rally, are preferred.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment (we are still maturing
in our Agile journey).
- Demonstrate a proven record of working collaboratively with
management and employees at all levels of a large organization
- Demonstrate a proven record in building strong teams that
fosters a winning spirit, partnership focus, financial discipline,
teamwork, and a high sense of integrity-- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required. Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams
preferred. Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of
members of the PM community, may have direct management
responsibility of PMs.
- Develops both IT and Non-IT Project budgets. Manages against
them. Employment Practices Travelers is an equal opportunity
employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual
brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in
numerous ways from our differences.-- If you have questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email so we may assist you. Travelers reserves the right to fill
this position at a level above or below the level included in this
posting. Careers at Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's
most important moments become your life's work. That means helping
families feel secure, businesses to prosper, knowing that you've
made a difference, and feeling like you belong to something bigger.
It also means being part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented
and passionate people that are evolving to meet changing needs -
from customer service to data science and beyond. If that's more
than you imagined in an insurance career, it's time to join us at
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Project Director - Business Capabilities Office, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!