VINS Director of Development
Company: Vermont Institute of Natural Science
Posted on: April 4, 2021
The VINS Nature Center is open 10 am to 4 pm daily. Please
review our COVID Safety Policy prior to visiting. Accepting Injured
8:00 am to 4:00 pm Daily
802.359.5000 x212 The Director of Development is a full-time
position based at the VINS Nature Center in Quechee, Vermont. This
position will oversee all fundraising activities, including major
giving, special events, direct mail appeals, corporate partnership
initiatives, legacy giving and other fundraising programs, under
the guidance of the Assistant Executive Director. We seek a strong
leader who enjoys interacting with people, inspires the staff and
Board to participate in our fundraising efforts and believes in our
mission, culture and programs. Primary Responsibilities
- Overseeing all fundraising activities, including major giving,
special events, direct mail appeals, corporate partnership
initiatives, foundation grants, legacy giving and other fundraising
programs, under the guidance of the Assistant Executive
- Working with leadership and staff to develop and monitor
fundraising efforts and goals, including overseeing schedules and
communication channels to meet fundraising and reporting
- Developing a comprehensive fundraising plan and strategy.
- Cultivating and stewarding relationships with donors and
sponsors, including coordinating communications and scheduling
meetings with donors for the Executive Director and Assistant
- Overseeing the organization's constituent database using the
FrontStream fundraising software, including preparing management
reports and analyzing data to increase funding and responsiveness
- Preparing background reports on prospective donors using
databases, internet, and other public information sources.
- Developing and maintaining marketing efforts to ensure
compelling storytelling and promotional materials.
- Performing other duties to increase participation in and
awareness of VINS' programs and services. Qualifications Candidates
with experience raising funds from diverse sources, including major
gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations are
preferred. In addition, the candidate must be a good manager and
- Five to seven years of fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting major gifts, face-to-face
solicitation is expected.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills.
- Good time management skills, problem solver, and is able to
- Strong and sound judgment, professionalism, and a positive
- Willingness to travel regionally to cultivate and solicitation
of qualified prospects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and donor
databases. Compensation & Work Schedule Commensurate with
experience. 40+ hours per week. Application To apply for this
position, send by E-MAIL ONLY a cover letter, and r--sum--, to:
Mary Davidson Graham, Assistant Executive Director
Subject title: Director of Development Application References will
be expected in confidence upon request during the recruitment
process. No phone calls please. Position post date: March 2021 VINS
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Vermont Institute of Natural
Science is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization supported by membership
dues, admission and program fees, donations, and grants. VINS
PO Box 1281
149 Natures Way
Quechee, VT 05059 Motivating individuals and communities to care
for the environment through education, research, and avian wildlife
Keywords: Vermont Institute of Natural Science, Hartford , VINS Director of Development, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!