Finance Specialist (Accounts Payable/Purchasing) - Office of Financial Management, Hartford Pub[...]
Company: Government Finance Officers of Connecticut
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Position: Finance Specialist (Accounts Payable/Purchasing) - Office
of Financial Management, Hartford Public Schools Municipality:
Hartford Close Date: 11/21/2016 Description:
JOB ID #N78
POSTED: November 7, 2016
CLOSING DATE: November 21, 2016
POSITION: Finance Specialist (Accounts Payable / Purchasing) -
Office of Financial Management
REPORTS TO: Controller
SUMMARY: Assist in developing, calculating and maintaining
financial records/statements with primary emphasis on expenditure
- Perform pre-audit and post-audit functions for all purchase
requisitions, payment vouchers, procurement card purchases,
employee reimbursements and invoices for the Hartford Public School
- Coordinate and process the liquidation of encumbrances for
year-end as well as during the year working with school sites/cost
center managers and financial management staff to ensure full
utilization of resources within approved allocations.
- Advise school sites/cost center managers of existing policies
and guidelines regarding purchase requisitions, payment vouchers,
procurement cards, travel advances, employee reimbursements and
other financial instruments in use.
- Complete the preparation of account reconciliations and
verifications, and prepare and process journal voucher corrections
- Assist in the preparation and processing of the total district
budget for various expenditures.
- Assist in the performance of accounting and analytical tasks
- Provide advisory services, training, and assistance to school
sites/cost center managers and/or school financial personnel
regarding all financial matters, financial systems, and all finance
- Assist in the monthly and year-end closing and participate in
all internal and external audit reviews as necessary.
- Review and process billings and receivables; analyze and
reconcile bank statements and other financial statements as
- May be required to perform additional related duties as
*The above essential duties and responsibilities are not intended
as a comprehensive list - they are intended to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience
equivalent to high school diploma, supplemented by college level
courses in accounting or related field, and three (3) years'
experience in accounting, budget management or related field.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Working knowledge of governmental accounting principles and
- Working knowledge of computer applications, i.e. Microsoft
Word, Access, Excel and Windows. MUNIS knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of school finances a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with all levels of administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month Work Year Hartford
Educational Support Personnel (HESP) Grid-C500 $55,764-$67,186
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Educational Support Personnel
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants
must submit an online application. To apply please visit
http://hartfordschools.tedk12.com/hire and follow the appropriate
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.
Keywords: Government Finance Officers of Connecticut, Hartford , Finance Specialist (Accounts Payable/Purchasing) - Office of Financial Management, Hartford Pub[...], Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!