Director / Growth Strategy
Company: Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Posted on: April 11, 2021
"A Private Corporation Funded by the American People" The Senior
Director, Growth Strategy is strategically and operationally
responsible for all fundraising and digital giving programs. This
position directs a progressive and sustainable program of support
for Connecticut Public through a variety of giving opportunities
with specific emphasis on digital fundraising, and the cultivation,
solicitation, retention, and stewardship of givers at, or below, a
focused dollar threshold. The role will identify and act upon new
fundraising trends, best practices, and employ creative methods to
increase revenue. Serving in a leadership role, the Senior Director
will work collaboratively across the organization to establish
comprehensive giving strategies to drive support through an
omnichannel platforms approach. This position plays a key role in
transitioning toward a data-informed, digital fundraising
organization, while sustaining traditional fundraising
activities.-- The Senior Director will partner with our Director /
Pledge and Special Programs, Marketing, Institutional Advancement,
Digital Services Bureau (DSB) and Content teams to create, build,
and sustain an omnichannel fundraising effort and aggressively
drive conversion of audiences to members and sustainers, as well as
retaining existing members and inspiring movement to higher giving
levels. If this work lands within your wheelhouse, come explore a
job possibility with Connecticut Public!-- Essential Job
Our Senior Director / Growth Strategy provides a wide range of
services. Applicants must have the ability to complete the
following essential job functions: Strategy and Oversight
- Takes ownership for, and actively researches and experiments
with, new digital fundraising tools and best practices, while
collaborating across the organization to plan and execute
strategies on all platforms.
- Directs the planning and tactical implementation of activities
to meet targeted annual revenue goals.
- Serves as advisor on all related internal and third-party
vendor sourced digital fundraising activities.
Monitors the success and effectiveness of the overall digital
fundraising plan in order to reach quarterly and annual revenue
goals, as well as to establish stretch goals. Customer Data
- In coordination with the Database Admin, maintains fundraising
customer data platform, including the CRM, email service provider
(Adestra), and marketing automation (BlueVenn Engage/Unify).
- With input from Database Admin and the DSB, integrates and
applies user analytics/audience intelligence to develop digital
fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Creates workflows and establishes norms and best practices for
database management, digital fundraising, and membership
- Ensures the flow of any and all financial information is
adequately handled with Database Admin.
- Liaise with external strategy and software partners to manage
execution of digital fundraising best practices. Responsibilities
- Leader in creating digital and giving planning strategies and
tactics for annual fundraising initiatives.
- Leverages existing member data to develop digital and
fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Facilitates intra-departmental coordination for efficient
implementation of all giving activities.
- Establishes and implements a comprehensive member journey
program for all giving activities.
- Oversees and helps strategize the creation and execution of
online cultivation, stewardship and engagement communications, as
well as direct solicitations.
- Creates processes for giver data reports designed to inform
fundraising and campaign planning as well as inform current
individual giving narrative; ensures staff remain proficient in
data input and regular data analysis for donor reports.
- Directs the tactical implementation of targeted outreach and/or
promotions to prospects and members.
- Supervises, mentors, coaches, and cultivates team on required
policies/practices, workflows and day-to-day operations.
- Manages the Department's operating budget, creates effective
systems to track goals related to financial and non-financial
progress, department metrics (and other data), all while allocating
resources and aligning with third party vendors, when
- Stays abreast of industry best-practices both within public
media and more broadly with non-profits and commercial partner;
tests new, innovative strategies for aspirational goals related to
subscribers. Other duties as assigned. Key Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities Knowledge of:
- Offline and online analytics.
- The customer journey, user design and interface, and landing
- Project management.
- Giving strategies and tactics
- Funding strategies. Skill In:
- Cultivating, soliciting and stewarding contributions.
- Working within digital audience revenue generation and online
- CRMs, specifically SalesForce, including CRM best practices and
- Relationship management that enhances organization relations,
community interactions and business development opportunities.
- Managing, coaching, and training staff to ensure development
and execution of strategies and ensure opportunities for staff
- Presenting and communicating, in both oral and written
- Microsoft Office Suite, project management tools, audience
cultivation resources, Google Analytics or other web analytics
- Taking and completing a large number of multiple steps in
complex system performed with accuracy and speed. Ability to:
- Be intellectually curious and inquisitive, and perform at a
high-level within an environment which may be ambiguous at
- Cultivate relationships that have resulted in a record of
success in achieving goals.
- Be the ultimate team player while demonstrating leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit with willingness to take well-considered
and data-driven risks.
- Research, evaluate and learn new software, products and
processes around evolving business needs.
- Organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Source services and manage and adhere to budgets
- Must have a visceral distaste for office politics and
- Demonstrate conscientious teamwork, time management, work
prioritization, and responsiveness to colleagues.
- Manage multiple deadlines and projects with ease and grace,
demonstrating respect and teamwork for our diverse constituencies.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Job functions are typically
performed under conditions such as those found in general office or
administrative work. This position is not substantially exposed to
adverse environmental conditions.-- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Job functions are typically performed under
conditions such as what the Department of Labor describes as light
work. The physical activities of this position may include frequent
in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a
desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods, speak clearly so
others can understand, see details of objects that are between a
few feet and more than a few feet away, focus on one sound and
ignore others, use fingers to grasp move or assemble small objects.
The typical physical requirements are: light work-exerting up to 25
lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently
and may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking,
reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.--
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salary exempt position.--Duties are typically
performed Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and
5:00 p.m.; however, some evening and weekend work is required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in relatable field AND a minimum of 10 years of
progressively elevated work experience in a giving or subscription
environment, including substantial experience with digital
fundraising and use of analytics in a leadership role, OR a
satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience. Certified Fundraising Executive Credential desired, but
not necessary.-- Corporation for Public Broadcasting "A Private
Corporation Funded by the American People"
Keywords: Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Hartford , Director / Growth Strategy, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!