Director of Medicare Sales
Company: MetroPlus Health Plan
Posted on: May 5, 2021
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare
services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and
Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including,
but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare,
Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold,
Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health +
Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States,
MetroPlus' network includes over 27,000 primary care providers,
specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years,
MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with
its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their
The primary functions of the Director of Medicare Sales are to
develop, direct, monitor, plan, coordinate, control and evaluate
overall sales and marketing operations activities. This person will
be the key executive responsible for the planning, implementation,
development and coordination of MetroPlus' sales, strategies and
tactics to support the plan's overall marketing efforts. The
Director of Medicare Sales reports directly to the Chief Growth
Officer. In addition to the base salary, this position affords an
opportunity for additional compensation in the form of
* Develop and market various government sponsored managed care
* Develop and effectively manage the annual Sales Department
* Maintain the departmental structure and hire appropriate
* Formulate the annual sales and marketing plan including specific
objectives for each product line.
* In conjunction with sales management, establish the strategies
and tactics necessary to achieve annual sales objectives.
* Manage the sales compensation and incentive program and monitor
its effectiveness on a continuing basis.
* Assist in establishing and maintaining productive and cooperative
relationships with clients and the community to ensure
profitability and membership goals are attained.
* Provide coordinate between contacted organizations and management
on timing issues and maintain a positive public relations image
within the communities MetroPlus serves.
* Work with Medical Services to develop, implement and oversee a
primary preventative health education program for MetroPlus members
including, but not limited to, wellness programs, smoking
cessation, nutrition and violence presentation.
* Guide the creation and implementation of all advertising, media
and promotional campaigns aimed at promoting MetroPlus and
increasing Plan Membership.
* Provide statistical, graphical and competitive data on an ongoing
basis for purpose of educating the organization board members and
network site administration,
* Develop and implement a schedule of community events throughout
the calendar year as a joint cooperative effort with provider sites
including but not limited to health fairs, church bazaars and city
* Direct the customer support and service functions.
* Direct and participate in the continued development of new
products and services.
* Ensure internal communications are established in order for
product to flow to the sales force and the various functional areas
are cognizant of sales activities.
* Work closely with the CEO and senior management team on all
issues related to growth, strength and long-range profitability of
* Endure that all Sales personnel are in compliance with all
Regulatory matters and that Sales Department guidelines, policies
and procedures are followed.
* Analyze data from internal and external sources as it pertains to
membership, community demographics, and competitive enrollment
trends to increase Plan membership.
* Monitor he quality and integrity of enrollment applications
* Oversee the retention efforts/strategies of the Sales Department
as it relates to member renewal, document collection and
* Initiate and facilitate the relationship with various Regulatory,
government, community-based organizations and small business
organizations to expose MetroPlus and brand the various products
* A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or
* Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in sales and marketing
in a health care setting, with at least five years of senior
* A proven track record in Medicare/Medicaid HMO development is
* Motor Vehicle required
Licensure and/or Certification Required
* Must have a valid NYS Driver's License and maintain throughout
* New York State Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent
* Integrity and Trust
* Customer Focus
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Written/Oral Communications
Keywords: MetroPlus Health Plan, Hartford , Director of Medicare Sales, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!