USB - Management Liability Underwriter
Company: Ace Group
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty
insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial
and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and
supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a
diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its
extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution
capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting
excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations
This position supports the achievement of established goals related
to profitable growth, customer service, and maintaining producer
relationships of the Underwriting Service Branch (USB). Key
functions include underwriting, financial analysis, and servicing
of assigned book of business.
The management liability underwriter builds strong customer
relationships to ensure a positive customer experience for USB
accounts. The underwriting function is based on analysis of
appropriate information, compliance with underwriting guidance, and
developing a renewal strategy. The underwriter utilizes automated
systems for underwriting analysis, claims analysis, and
Requisite knowledge, skills and experience for this role are
- Proven multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management
- Strong computer proficiency including the ability to process a
large volume of business on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills with the proven
ability to make expedient and sound decisions.
- Strong track record in delivering timely quality service to
internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated success in negotiation and building collaborative
- Works effectively as part of a team; ability to balance team
and individual goals.
- Demonstrates flexibility by handling day-to-day frustrations /
uncertainties and adapting to new technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service and/or insurance experience preferred.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Gathering and analyzing information to determine risk
- Strong analytical skills required with the proven ability to
make expedient and sound decisions, as well as taking
- Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line
- Industry experience preferable
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or business is preferred. Chubb
offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive
benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a
generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock
purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement,
and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer
and our employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability,
handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected
by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and
compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our
policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,
and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard
to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical
condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age,
and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we
hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees.
Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and
retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or
Keywords: Ace Group, Hartford , USB - Management Liability Underwriter, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!