Control & Diagnostic Systems Advanced Program Manager
Posted on: November 22, 2021
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Control & Diagnostic Systems (CDS) is a dynamic
engineering organization focused on the development and
certification of military, commercial and industrial gas turbine
engine control and diagnostic systems. CDS is responsible for all
aspects of Pratt & Whitney's engine control and diagnostic system
development, as well as the integration across engine system
modules and major component supplies.
This posting is for Advanced Program Manager within the CDS
organization. The Manager will provide proactive, strategic
leadership for advanced programs and the CDS technology portfolio.
This includes maturing and inserting systems, software, control
methods, and control hardware technologies into both commercial and
- Leads the control system technology development activities with
discipline chiefs and management to establish an integrated
strategy with Military and Commercial Advanced Development Program
Office Chief Engineer into demonstrator and program plans
- Owns the Controls & Diagnostics budget and schedule of Advanced
Military, Commercial, and Technology programs. The includes all
cost account management associated with those programs.
- Advances control technology readiness relative to formal
Technology Development Plans
- Leverages, as necessary, outside technology capabilities from
partners, suppliers, other RTX business units, universities and
- Leads notional studies to ensure technology identification and
benefits quantification are addressed
- Active involvement in turbine engine community and
understanding of the latest advances in control systems
technologies. Ensures benchmarking / competitive assessments for
control system technologies are made and updated regularly.
- Acts as interface between Pratt & Whitney Control & Diagnostic
Systems (CDS) and internal/external customers regarding control
- Assists occasionally in development of customer technical &
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer, or
- 12+ years of Engineering experience or 10+ years with a
Master's of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer, or
Electrical Engineering or Masters of Business Administration is
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with Control System
Architecture & Development / Component Development &
- Demonstrated experience in successful leadership of team(s) on
long term and/or multiyear projects.
- Demonstrated record of technical contributions regarding
- Solid communications skills and ability to coordinate
activities between diverse set of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Controls Systems Engineering skill areas:
including Technology Benchmarking, and State-of-the-Art Hardware
Subsystems/Componentsand Best-In-Class Software Development
- Experience with technical and project/business management of
- Broad familiarity with Military or Commercial Gas Turbine
Engine Design, Development, and Validation is desirable.
- Broad familiarity with Electrification (including Rotating
Electric Machines, Power Generation, Power Electronics, Energy
Storage, Power Distribution) and Thermal Management Systems is
- Ability to obtain government secret clearance is desirable
- Up to 10% travel
- Work schedule: Hybrid, working alternately in-office and
remotely, but would consider remote
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: globalhr, Hartford , Control & Diagnostic Systems Advanced Program Manager, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!