Medicare Telesales Director
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Role SummaryThe Director of Telesales will own the telesales
strategy and execution of results for direct sales of Cigna
Supplemental Benefits (CSB) products, inclusive of Medicare
Supplement, Dental Vision and Hearing (DVH), and Individual
Supplemental Health products as well as Medicare Advantage and
Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) cross sales. The leader will optimize
the telesales capability through management of internal teams of
agents, leverage of outsourced partners, working closely with
Marketing, and driving strategy and execution of targeted
technology investments.The individual will build the necessary
strategy and capabilities to execute a successful acquisition and
retention plan, focused on Medicare portfolio of products, as well
as Individual Supplemental Health Products. The individual will
work collaboratively across multiple functional areas, to align
resources and effort, around the achievement of plan. This role
will report directly to the CSB General Manager, and will have
accountability for the results of the direct sales channel.The
Direct to Consumer (DTC) Medicare channel is a significant driver
of current and future growth and earnings for Cigna. Growth in the
Medicare market, coupled with consumer purchasing trends via the
DTC channel, and increased innovation in this space, are all
opportunities for potential expansion within the DTC space. -Job
ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Financial
- Create and execute the vision and strategy for the telesales
channel with input from the segment and distribution leadership
- Identify opportunities to optimize results through improved
technology, customer experience, and agent experience, across
multiple product lines.
- Define, track, and manage state and federal compliance
requirements across all aspects of telesales model.
- Monitor business performance and external market activity and
adjust strategy accordingly to support product sales and growth
- Provide leadership and clear decision-making on issues
affecting the segment. Support cross-functional decision-making and
take ownership to drive business results.
- Develop strong relationships with marketing, product and
operations partners, and strongly influence/lead sales and
retention strategies and optimize results.
- Manage team to directly lead and manage external call center
vendor relationships, as well as the day-to-day sales operations
within the channel.
- Manage national call center agents and management staff.
- Manage team of agents focused on retention of current
- Optimize opportunity to cross sell and upsell customers across
spectrum of solutions.
- Partner closely with data analytics resources, and proactively
leverage data analytics to support sales execution. -People
- Build, motivate and lead a high-performance team. Develop
direct reports and provide opportunities to stretch skills.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable culture in the team that
brings intellectual curiosity, questions "business as usual"
practices and creates awareness of where a different
approach/solutions from status quo.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree desirable.
- Seasoned, respected leader with a minimum of 10 years of
experience in the health services or insurance with specific
experience in direct sales / telesales.
- Medicare product experience strongly preferred.
- Experienced in building and managing distribution
- Demonstrated results in being able to think strategically,
anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them
into both a short-term and long-term organizational plan
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line
orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good
decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience,
and judgment; high level of business acumen, including successful
P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of
programs against the realities of a budget; allocate resources and
manage operating expenses to maximize P&L while managing risk.
- Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a
matrix environment. Ability to develop relationships externally and
across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and utilize resources
to accomplish tasks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation
- Comfortable dealing with and managing an ever-changing, highly
competitive industry/ environment; communicates optimism and
confidence in the future.
- Experience in Medicare Supplement and/or Medicare Advantage
- DTC Marketing and/or Call Center management required.
- Demonstrated team building and people leadership skillsRole
- Managing Vision and Purpose - Communicates a compelling and
inspired vision or sense of core purpose; Can inspire and motivate
entire units or organizations; is Optimistic; Creates mileposts and
symbols to rally support behind the vision
- Strategic Agility - is creative, a visionary, and can manage
innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and
possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and
knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market;
comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of
- Influential Leadership - Is skilled at getting individuals,
teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and
to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome
or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is
committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds
motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates
- Professional Savvy - Can maneuver through complex political
situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and
organizations function; anticipates where the land mines are and
plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a
necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that
- Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with
concepts and complexity comfortably. Described as intellectually
sharp, capable, and agile
- Business Acumen - Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in
current and possible future policies, practices, trends,
technology, and information affecting his/her business and
organization; deep knowledge of existing and emerging competition;
is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to
do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team
or project members; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers
others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and
visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important;
is someone people like working for and with.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a
need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the
face of resistance or setbacks.This position is not eligible to be
performed in Colorado.About CignaCigna Corporation exists to
improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to
improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we
serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to
transform health services, making them more affordable and
accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold
action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to
patient-centered care, we are a force of health services
innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries,
you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's
lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be
considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex,
childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions
including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion,
national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic
information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship
status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal
employment opportunity laws.If you require reasonable accommodation
in completing the online application process, please email:
SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email
SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to
provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Keywords: Cigna, Hartford , Medicare Telesales Director, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!