Director, Strategy & Planning
Company: Wolters Kluwer N.V.
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Leads the development and implementation of key strategies for a
business unit or customer unit. Analyzes multi-year results against
business plans, product lifecycles and product. Monitors the
development of long-range business plans to manage lifecycles, and
product positioning in the marketplace. Responsible for assessment
of existing and potential markets, product life cycle planning,
leading the technical product development of product strategies.
Directed responsibility for long range initiatives and business
opportunities. Ensures vision, strategies and tactics. Job
- The Director, Product -Strategy -& Planning is responsible for
leading the development and execution of key strategies of the ELM
business unit within the Governance, Risk & Compliance division of
Wolters Kluwer. -
- Primary roles will include driving the formulation of the
business unit -strategy, and leading governance of key growth and
continuous improvement initiatives. The candidate will be the
business unit M&A and portfolio management -strategy -lead
across the business unit and will operate as the senior advisor to
business leaders within the business unit and support the Executive
Team on activities such as the annual -strategy -planning, monthly
division meetings and budget processes while also being a key
strategy resource to the Product Management organization. The
candidate will lead cross functional continuous improvement
programs for the organization.
- Projects are typically highly complex and analytical in nature
and include close collaboration with cross-functional and
cross-business unit personnel. A key role of the -Strategy -and
Planning Director is to adequately structure projects, provide
problem-solving leadership, conduct research and analysis, develop
fact-based recommendations, and communicate well-articulated
conclusions to Senior Management. The Product -Strategy -and
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the ELM Solutions Executive Team
and Product Management team, reporting directly to the EVP and
General Manager, and working closely with the VP, Product
Management and Marketing of the business on new growth strategies
and critical business initiatives.
- Manages the annual strategic planning process with the
cross-functional team. Works with General Manager on development of
supporting executive-level presentations for CEO and board of
- Coordinates and directs the efforts of players working on key
strategic growth opportunities.
- Creates and monitors a framework for measuring business
performance (KPIs) and strategic investments, and manages the
process to collect, measure and report progress on these items to
the Executive Team.
- Leads or assist in marketplace assessments, including
identifying growth opportunities, diagnosing customer needs and
behaviors, understanding competitive dynamics and identifying
potential market entry strategies.
- Leads confidential cross-functional and/or organizational
projects as needed by utilizing a rigorous project management
- Acts as a strategic consultant to business leaders on growth
- Annual -strategy -plan and monthly division meetings - Develop
business strategies with senior leadership, including Executive
- Lead cross functional continuous improvement programs for the
- Collaborating closely with functional groups (e.g., Finance,
Product, Sales, Services, Support, Marketing, and Continuous
- Close -coordination/collaboration -with GRC divisional
-strategy -and corporate development team.
- ELM M&A Business Unit Representative - Lead M&A
acquisition gameboard -strategy, due diligence, and integration
activities, when applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by EVP and General Manager,
ELM Solutions Education :
- BA or BS in Business, or related field
- MBA preferred Experience :
- A minimum of 10 years of combined experience in corporate
-strategy, -business/organizational -planning and/or management
- Demonstrated experience running -strategy -projects to
- Superior written and verbal communication skills - ability to
create executive level presentations.
- Excellent research and analysis skills, including market sizing
and opportunity analysis.
- Strong financial and business acumen with specific experience
in financial modeling, business case development and operational
- Strong people leader with demonstrated ability to influence and
create followership. Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Ability to manage a team of internal and external stakeholders
to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong planning, organization, prioritization and time
- Ability to translate unstructured business issues into
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in
pursuing project work and developing recommendations.
- Highly advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
- 20% domestic travel. Additional Job Description Wolters Kluwer
is a global leader in professional information services.
Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting,
finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters
Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software
solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to
their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters
Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology.
Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and
services that customers need to make decisions with confidence.
Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save
lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and
regulatory systems. We help them get it right. Wolters Kluwer (AEX:
WKL) is a leading global provider of information, software, and
services for professionals. We serve customers in more than 180
countries, operating through four divisions: Health; Tax &
Accounting; Governance, Risk & Compliance; and Legal & Regulatory.
The Company is committed to helping professionals improve the way
they do business and solve complex problems with confidence in an
ever-changing world. Wolters Kluwer reported 2020 annual revenues
of ---4.6 billion, employs over 19,000 people worldwide and
maintains operations in over 40 countries. The company is
headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters
Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are
included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
- Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and
customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Wolters Kluwer N.V., Hartford , Director, Strategy & Planning, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!