Sr. Director, IndustryEdge
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryProduct Management/PricingTarget Openings1Job
Description SummaryCommercial Accounts Industry Edge Practice
Leader. This role is responsible for the overall profitability and
growth of assigned industries and the development and maintenance
of new and existing industry capabilities and products. This
position reports to the Vice President of Industry Edge.
Work collaboratively with stakeholders in Underwriting, Product,
Actuarial, Claim, Risk Control, Enterprise Market Research and
Marketing to drive Industry Edge strategies.Primary Job Duties &
- Underwriting Leadership: In collaboration with Home Office and
Field underwriting staff, develop, manage and drive underwriting
strategies for assigned industries. Develop and maintain
underwriting guides and tools. Serve as a Field resource to support
achievement of underwriting and production goals. Develop and
conduct training for assigned industries for various audiences,
including new underwriting trainees, experienced new hires and new
producers. Responsible for Industry Collaborative Underwriting
Reviews (CURE's), including the analysis of data to support
corporate underwriting policies/standards as respects to assigned
industries. Work collaboratively with peers in other Business Units
to share industry insights and results, and with the Business
Insurance and Enterprise Underwriting teams to ensure underwriting
appetite is aligned to corporate strategy.
- Portfolio Management: Evaluate industry production and
profitability results and develop, communicate and influence
appropriate strategies and action plans to achieve profitable
- Marketing and Business Development: Create strategies to
advance the value proposition of assigned industries. Work
collaboratively with the Marketing team to develop marketing
campaigns to advance our brand presence and industry
specialization. Serve as an industry expert to the media. Engage
with the Business Development team in supporting new business
generation strategies, including engagement with agent and broker
industry practice leaders.
- Product Positioning: Assess competitor offerings to evaluate
product differentiation and competitive advantages. In
collaboration with Business Insurance Product, gather competitive
and marketplace insights to develop the product strategy and
product roadmap for assigned industries.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 6 years of insurance experience with expert understanding of
products, underwriting, coverage, rules, forms, regulatory
environment, risk management, pricing/filing processes and
insurance financials required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint) required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 7 years of Property Casualty Underwriting experience focused in
Business Insurance. Field Underwriting experience is preferred.
- Ability to manage the results of a portfolio and drive
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing complex information
into succinct presentation format for various stakeholder
- Thorough understanding of insurance products, systems,
contracts, forms, coverage, distribution channels, regulatory
environment and insurance financials.
- Ability to collect data from data marts or willingness and
ability to develop these skills.Licensing or Certificates
- Preferred: CPCU, IIA or other recognized insurance designations
(Examples:, ARM, CIC)Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Advanced leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Demonstrates expert (master) understanding of Business
- Leading Self: Expert (master) oral and written communication
skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
Includes the ability to communicate intent of contract and
non-policy form language to all levels of the organization.
Includes creating and drafting forms. Expert presentation
- Expert organization and time management skills. Attention to
- Master (expert) ability to comprehend and communicate intent of
state product strategies, underwriting strategies, and
inter-relationships with coverage. Ability to mentor others to
develop this skill.
- Master (expert) critical thinking and analysis skills to
understand state specific results, state underwriting results, and
competitor actions in order to recommend state specific actions.
Master (expert) ability to assess quality of state specific
underwriting and financial results.
- Actively invests in improving own capabilities.Travelers offers
a hybrid work location model that is designed to support
flexibility.Employment PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity
employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual
brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in
numerous ways from our differences. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Sr. Director, IndustryEdge, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!