Field Account Manager
Company: MTS Systems
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Descriptionsmart people.smart ideas.smart choice.A
thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.Why do so
many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career?
Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity,
work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive
impact on people's lives. It is a place where you can learn,
innovate and grow professionally.Transforming what's possible with
cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials -
this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it's a rewarding
career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard,
think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges
for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in
their respective industries.By joining MTS, you'll have access to
the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of
colleagues who are passionate about their work. You'll discover a
dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our
people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and
advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work
may also include world travel.
Job DescriptionPrimary Objective:Generate sales of products and
services through the pursuit of potential and customers within
assigned region to achieve market segment order volume, product
mix, and margin targets.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Ensures best possible coverage, development, and improvement of
assigned region by:
- Developing an annual Territory Management plan to achieve
specified sales volume.
- Regularly monitors progress against the plan and makes
modifications, as required, throughout the year.
- Classification and development of customers according to
- Ensuring all prospects and customers receive appropriate
attention reflecting the customer's classification.
- Travel planning optimized for cost and time efficiency
- Responds promptly to inquiries and seeks out and calls upon
potential customers to identify their needs for products or
services and qualifies leads. Directs customer inquiries and orders
to the most efficient sales channel.
- Partners with Inside Sales Specialist, as assigned, to ensure
appropriate type and level of sales coverage for all accounts and
prospects in territory.
- Assembles and coordinates sales teams, as needed, for specific
key opportunity or consultative team pursuits.
- Builds successful relationships with key decision-makers and
influencers in existing and prospective customers.
- Generates and presents proposals/quotations to customer,
independently or with the assistance of other sales functions, in
accordance with standard procedures and pricing guidelines.
Develops consensus with customers on MTS value proposition(s) prior
to solution building, ensuring proposal meets customer needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and expertise of the following
areas to enhance sales effectiveness:
- MTS capabilities, products, components and services and how
they apply to customer needs
- Test methodologies/ technologies and how to apply MTS offerings
to satisfy specific customer requirements
- Customer base, customer organizations, customer needs and
market trends affecting customers
- Uses CRM daily for all lead, contact, activity, forecasting,
account management and time management monitoring, recording and
reporting functions. Performs administrative responsibilities in
connection with sales accountabilities, as required.
- Continuously monitors and responds to competitor activities at
prospects and provides timely reporting on competitive activity to
sales management and marketing.
- Interface between customer and MTS by maintaining contact with
PE and manufacturing teams regarding delivery, installation, and
technical support driving MTS value proposition.
- Uses a systematic process to take opportunities through the
pursuit cycle, ensuring each step is conducted and complete in a
satisfactory manner prior to moving to the next step/stage.
- Maintain awareness of and understand how to conduct business
relationships via customer supplier portals.
- Other duties and special projects as
assigned.QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Education: BS degree
in engineering/ technical discipline or equivalent work
experienceExperience: 6 years sales experience; or 3 years other
relevant MTS experience and 3 years sales experience.Travel
Requirements: Willingness to travel domestically 30-70% of the
time, depending on the assigned territoryMust possess a valid
driver's license and able to obtain automobile/liability
Preferred Qualifications:Experience: Solid understanding of test
technologies. Fundamental knowledge of test methodology.
Understands how specific tests are used within the customer's
environmentIND123#LI-CRAdditional InformationAll your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.ITW is an
equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues' unique
perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where
everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
potential.As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is
committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for
employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through
all aspects of the employment relationship.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national
origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: MTS Systems, Hartford , Field Account Manager, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!