Manager, Commodity Management (Hybrid)
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corporation
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it.So, calling all curious.In
addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser
focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We've introduced
role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job
posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our
blended work environment. *Please consider the following role type
definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work
primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance
workers, as they are essential to the development of our
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work
regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work
primarily offsite (from home).Come ready to explore and you'll find
a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title,
a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment
and we'll welcome you into a tightknit team that takes our mission
personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an
organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look
up.Are you ready to go beyond?*Note: Hybrid and remote roles at
many of our sites are currently working from home because of
COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and
current site status throughout the recruiting process.The
Aftermarket Supply Chain (ASC) organization is seeking an
experienced Commodity Manager to support the Mature Commercial
Engines (MCE) Sourcing team. -The MCE Sourcing team is responsible
for developing the sourcing strategy and working closely with
suppliers, partners, internal disciplines, and P&W Aftermarket
Operations sites across the globe to ensure the delivery of
affordable, high-quality repaired parts that meet our customer's
dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that
thrives on utilization of the RTX CORE operating system, while
ensuring our supply base meets performance standards, capacity
requirements, and success in their lean journey. Other
responsibilities of the organization include driving cost
reduction, on-time delivery, quality, and optimizing material flow
of parts for Pratt & Whitney programs. -It is essential for the
selected candidate to understand and evaluate the impact of both
strategic and tactical business decisions to best position the
long-term sourcing strategy. The selected candidate should
demonstrate an advanced understanding of the RTX aerospace business
and play a key role in interfacing with internal and external
customers to lead, coordinate, and implement strategic commodity
management activities. -This highly motivated team player will have
the opportunity to present to executive management and gain a
better understanding of the Commercial Engines business through
interfacing with program management, commercial aftermarket,
contracts, licensing, finance, global services engineering, and the
external supply base at large.Previous experience in supply
management, a working understanding of a
multi-cultural/multi-national customer/supply base, and a deep
understanding of both the internal and external business landscapes
will be beneficial. Strong interpersonal, decision making, and
communication skills required along with excellent analytical and
project management skills.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead negotiation and act as deal champion of Long-Term
Agreements (LTAs) for Mature Commercial Engines business across the
supply base and address any commercial issue resolution with
- Administer new + existing contracts for suppliers including
measurement of performance to contractual obligations and reporting
- Oversee and develop strong partnerships with program
management, commercial aftermarket, contracts, licensing, finance,
global services engineering and communicate operational objectives
to the supply base.
- Develop and execute supplier relationship management strategy
for supplier sites, including supplier risk mitigation plans to
influence supplier behavior and performance as required.
- Lead Strategic Sourcing Review Board (SSRB) in support of
developing a long-term sourcing strategy for ASC through analysis
of supplier capabilities, financial analysis, cost reduction
opportunities, quality signature, and overall performance.
- Develop risk mitigation plans for poorly performing suppliers
and collaborate across various functional groups including Supplier
Performance to drive On-Time Delivery (OTD) and quality
- Pro-actively identify and resolve critical part deliveries by
communicating with the supplier and co-creating a risk mitigation
- Lead ASC continuous improvement projects to progress ASC from
Bronze to Silver.
- Up to 10% travel is required.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Supply
Chain, Operations, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8+ years (or +5 years with advanced degree) of
experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Contracts Management,
Business Development, or another business-related field.
- U.S. Citizenship or US Person is required due to government
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
skills-cross functionally and up to executive level.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with suppliers and/or
- Experience in reading and interpreting contractual
- Demonstrated ability in collaborating with customers and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong working knowledge in SAP.Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive Strategic Commodity Management experience (including
contract negotiations, supplier management, and strategy
- Experience with P&W Procurement Systems and Standard
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, project management, and decision making
- Advanced proficiency and experience with MS Excel (V-lookups,
Pivot tables, etc) and MS PowerPoint.
- Aerospace product knowledge (processes, manufacturing
techniques, quality requirements).
- Advanced SAP experience with a focus on purchasing/related
- Ability to identify, measure, and report all savings, cost
avoidance, and cost reduction.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Hartford , Manager, Commodity Management (Hybrid), Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!