Sr. Director, People Analytics
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Analytics & Research, Human Resources
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$122,600.00 - $202,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?
The People Analytics Sr. Director will own and drive the
partnership between People Analytics and the larger Enterprise Data
& Analytics Organization as we augment our internal capabilities
with subject matter experts with experience in skills like Natural
Language Processing, Machine Learning, Graph Databases and
This role will balance the strategy and execution needed to deliver
on our most critical data needs across HR. It will be critical for
applicants to share experiences leading Advanced Analytics
implementation efforts in the HR space.
This position uses data and analytics to drive business results;
helping to develop strategy to leverage internal and external
information to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities
(to influence business decisions) and is responsible for reporting,
monitoring, analyzing data and trends, and communicating these
business results across various audiences (to increase return on
investments) and partnering on strategic initiatives to ensure
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead our team in further development and refinement of the
People Analytics Strategy
- Lead development of HR use cases for AI, Data Science and
Advanced Analytics, translate to focus areas, prioritize and
sequence, and leverage team to deliver results.
- Identify areas for potential collaboration and more efficient
ways to deliver People Analytics to support Travelers, at
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business
strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively
communicate insights and influence decision/outcomes to Sr.
- Leverages industry best practices, market data and technology
trends to identify and implement business opportunities.
- Proactively coordinates with cross functional teams on varying
- Influences business strategy to leadership to prioritize
investments based on translating insights to business value
- Facilitates collaboration with IT and data management teams to
ensure correct data is consistent for business critical
- Leads strategic business partnerships with IT, Actuarial,
Operations, Finance, Data Management and Claim functional areas,
along with LOB leaders
- Can manipulate complex raw data and leads the ultimate design
required to meet business requests
- Responsible for business analytics support across multiple
- Interprets data of all complexity to recognize patterns and
- Provides oversight to the completion of reasonability and
- Oversees the designs and ensures the execution Proofs of
Concept to inform business strategies
- Monitors performance indicators and implements possible
- Communicates the financial impact of recommendations
- Interpret model results and influence how to apply them
- Role may manage others as competency advances.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and 5 years analytics
- One year of technical team project leadership or people
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, computer science,
statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Typically has 7 or more years of experience in Descriptive
Analytics or related field.
- 5+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products
and software/programming applications specific to business
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL
- Comprehensive knowledge of Descriptive Analytic practices and
processes. General knowledge of insurance products/concepts
- Two or more years of technical team project leadership or
people management experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the main features of the collection
of data and the relationship of data elements to each other.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and
overall business strategies of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and
overall business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel, database programming
language and related applications.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept
- Builds and maintains credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, intermediate leadership skills
including ability to:
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Intermediate ability to develop employees preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Sr. Director, People Analytics, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!