2373m - Manager, Distribution System Planning
Company: MRINetwork Jobs
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionManage a team of electric distribution system
planning professionals who perform electric distribution system
planning activities, including developing and implementing
strategies related to the deployment of distributed energy
resources (DER), battery and substation additions and technologies
that actively interface and interact with the operating company's
distribution system in CT.Ensure optimal performance and
utilization of system assets by effectively leading the System
Planning area, managing the assessment of system adequacy and
reliability, defining the need, size, location, priority, timing
and justification of major system projects and incorporating system
capital investment proposals into the budget process, while
developing long-term scenario-based plans for distribution system
expansion, replacement and reinforcement. Location: Hartford, CT
- Manages electric distribution system planning, including
compliance with standards and regulations and environmental
programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Manages the development of System facilities plan to identify
areas requiring additional substation and other facilities to
permit growth and interconnections between distribution systems and
other transmission companies.
- Coordinates activities across Company departments and with
outside organizations including transmission companies. Provides
technical support on operations issues and develops responses for
technical questions from regulatory agencies.
- Provides focus to the changing needs of the distribution system
based upon various scenarios and long- range outlook of load
growth, EV (electric vehicle) penetration, PV (photovoltaic)
growth, battery storage and other evolving technologies.
- Establishes and monitors system network capabilities,
utilization and performance measures.
- Collaborates with other departments/engineers on preliminary
design of system projects.
- Respond to regulatory changes and communicate to appropriate
parties, represent the company at rate case hearings.
- Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective
- Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and
implement programs and policies.
- Establishes operational and financial objectives and aligns
with department goals.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses
the need for and oversees implementation of programs to ensure
employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational
skills required to support operating plans. Supervises, selects,
coaches and develops area staff. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, required, Licensed
Professional Engineer, PE, preferred; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of electric utility, technology, engineering
experience, including significant leadership experience
- Proven experience in electric distribution planning, system
analysis computer applications and modeling, operations support and
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning with strong
analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator who develops relationships, works
cross-functionally and communicates persuasively
- Stay current with developments in the industry with the ability
to transform insights from understanding the customer into business
strategy, while fostering teamwork among various internal and
external stakeholders to accomplish goals
- Experience presenting in regulatory and legislative
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach and motivate and provide
meaningful feedback to employees Company Brief:Fortune 500
diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility)
that has been providing energy products and services throughout the
northeast United States for 100 years Manager, Distribution System
Planning - 2373mVisit our website for more details
www.mriheadhunter.comThis position is being offered through
Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are
committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time. Key
Words:Electric energy distribution system planning DER DG DMS
substation Energy Storage battery technology engineer manage
interconnection PV distributed generation systems integration
strategy interconnections microgrid technologies Hartford
Keywords: MRINetwork Jobs, Hartford , 2373m - Manager, Distribution System Planning, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!