National Property Director, Risk Control
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$126,400.00 - $208,600.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Under broad oversight reports to AVP, Property. Leads a team of
Property Specialists, supporting multiple business segments as well
as the generalist Risk Control population. Owns the property
discipline in the defined region, supporting risk understanding,
account differentiation, and customer service for the property line
of coverage. Manages the relationship with the National Property
business unit, including support with sales and marketing,
underwriting, underwriting reviews, service strategies and claim
partnership. This job manages technical specialists.
What Will You Do?
- Understands property exposures and controls and the skills of
the specialist team to assure the highest level of assessment and
- Supports business strategies in multiple business segments that
relate to the property discipline.
- Seeks opportunities to improve operational effectiveness
through thought leadership in areas of execution, risk
understanding, and customer service.
- Effectively engages staff through day to day interaction, work
and project assignments, quality management, and ongoing
- Responsible for property skill development in the broader Risk
Control organization through training and product development,
active mentoring assignments, co-surveys, and peer reviews.
- Promotes our value proposition with the staff in support of new
business acquisition. Assures accurate and effective account
differentiation, as well as service delivery.
- Manages the quality of the property work product through formal
quality reviews, co-surveys, and active engagement with
- Attracts, recruits, retains and develops top property loss
control talent. Works in close collaboration with peers and field
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Insurance and Risk Control knowledge; strong understanding of
PC lines of coverage and Commercial Lines products and the related
Risk Control disciplines preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Demonstrates expert property knowledge and can apply the
competency in the most complex situations.
- Coaching and mentoring; able to help others understand the
skill or discipline.
- Effective platform skills with presentation and training skills
for all audiences.
- Superior interpersonal skills demonstrated in a variety of
settings such as communicating complex topics, influencing and
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist, NFPA Committee Member or
similar earned designation preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Degree in Fire Sciences or an Engineering discipline required
with 10 years of technical experience within the property
- Prior role that included technical training or mentoring within
the property discipline required.
- Valid driver's license required
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , National Property Director, Risk Control, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!