Director of Experience Design
Posted on: May 12, 2022
One of Aquent leading partners is seeking a Temp to Perm XD
Director. - This person will -lead -design, research and content
and will create -elegant and engaging solutions to complex business
challenges across channels and roles. They often direct junior
designers on specific engagements. They will partner with key
product management, engineering, and business stakeholders, and
deliver solutions that fulfill on key customer experience and
business goals. Work within this job family ranges from
enhancements to new ecosystem experience design.
An XD Director takes key projects through discovery, design, and
development, and producing holistic solutions that optimize the
experience across various mediums and channels (consumer and
internal facing platforms, software, voice, etc.). The XD Director
will work to review work in-flight, lead research and design
sessions, and partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that
the work being produced is of high-quality and meets our experience
and business goals.
As part of a growing team of 15 Experience Design (XD)
professionals, they play a strategic role in the success of the
team and in expanding the impact of experience design in Personal
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to strategy and business architecture in
collaboration with other functional area leaders.
- Serves as the key point of accountability for XD efforts at the
portfolio level, covering multiple programs and projects. Advocates
for user-centered design approaches and priorities.
- Helps to recruit and grow a team of outstanding XD professionals
by providing vision, coaching, and mentorship.
- Helps to create a dynamic team environment by fostering
collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry,
while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Helps to create and evolve design systems and best practices that
account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values
and standards. May collaborate across the enterprise to establish
and promote these standards.
- Ensures adherence to XD guidelines within a portfolio of programs
- Participates in the development of processes for XD resource
engagement with project teams during ideation, prioritization,
development, and quality assurance phases.
- Ensures research, visual design, information architecture, and
interaction design roles are adequately resourced.
- Plans and may conduct user research, usability testing efforts,
and competitive research and analysis. Reports research findings to
stakeholders. Translates these findings into design solutions.
Keywords: Aquent, Hartford , Director of Experience Design, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!