Director- Information & Analytics Architecture
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Project Management, Technology
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$117,600.00 - $194,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?
As a Director of Architecture, you will help lead the effort to
create the technology target state for the Enterprise Analytics &
Information Unit of a global, Dow 30 company. As a direct report to
a member of the Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology
leadership team, you will interface directly with senior technology
and analytics leaders to transform our current business and
technology capabilities and pave the way for best-in-class
solutions powered by data and analytics. You will be a dedicated
partner to senior Technology and Business leaders as you define a
target state, roadmaps and identify new and emerging technologies
that will transform and optimize the business. As an organizational
leader, you will humbly serve and inspire a team of high-performing
Architects who you will coach, mentor, and empower. As a successful
candidate, you are a visionary executive with a track record of
building high-quality enterprise solutions and teams. You are
results-driven and bring strong Architecture and engineering skills
and a deep understanding of modern technologies including
Cloud-native, APIs, AI, and ML. You are a person of high integrity,
who believes in challenging the status quo when needed, while
always first seeking to understand. You will work within a
community of architecture leaders, charged with establishing and
evolving a unified architecture vision.
What Will You Do?
- Organizational responsibility within a segment of Technology
Architecture in support of the Enterprise Analytics & Information
- Works with the leadership within Technology and Business to
develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern
architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize
- Create a partnership with Senior Software Engineering
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances
through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess
potential impact on the enterprise
- Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure
feasibility of new technology architecture solutions
- Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper
alignment of skills with technology direction
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive communications to convey
architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise
- Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and
attracts and recruits best talent
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 5+
years of technology Architecture experience
- Provided mentorship to architecture team
- Organizational and transformational Leadership Experience in an
agile operating model
- Help define strategic technology direction and architecture
vision for an organization
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience
- Develop technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to
Short- and Long-term business goals
- Proven track record of Influencing senior leadership
- Insurance technology experience
- Strong Experience modernizing data technology and information
architecture on cloud with a shift left approach
- Strong understanding of create data products and API in a
domain centric approach
- Exposure and understanding of data warehousing, data
engineering and advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including
migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong
architecture experience on Cloud
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
- Hands on experience with data technologies on cloud
What is a Must Have?
- Six years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or
information architecture within a line of business or enterprise
- Two years of previous management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Director- Information & Analytics Architecture, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!