Manager & Sr. Data Scientist (REMOTE)
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Analytics & Research
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$121,700.00 - $200,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers Data Scientists are taking the organization to the next
level of intelligence by using advanced statistical techniques and
machine learning algorithms. As a Manager & Sr. Data Scientist, you
will build sophisticated models that solve important business
problems and enhance our customer experience. This may include the
use of artificial intelligence techniques to analyze imagery, text,
and other unstructured data. You will employ storytelling using
data to communicate insights and findings to stakeholders. This
role may manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage portions of business or technical projects focused on
the design or development of analytical solutions.
- Share expertise with the community through discussions,
presentations, or peer reviews
- Set and manage expectations with business partners for small
projects, and with limited guidance, identify potential conflicts
and build consensus.
- Communicate analysis, insights, and results to team, peers, and
business partners, and with guidance, tailor communication to the
- Be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent,
onboard new employees and interns, and support recruiting and
talent assessment efforts.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives.This
position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences,
Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus three years
of experience, or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision
Sciences, Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus
zero years of experience, or any suitable and equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Heavy concentration in mathematics, including statistics and
programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data
science tools and research using large data sets. Additional
verification of specific coursework will be required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Masters in STEM related field or equivalent
- 5 years of related experience
- Advanced working knowledge of modeling/research/ analytics or
- Strong grasp of value creation and business model concepts
- Advanced knowledge of multiple statistical software
- Ability to develop advanced models and interpret model
- Application of advanced statistics underlying data models
- Ability to develop emerging statistical procedures to work
- Advanced knowledge in 2-3 of the following: Regression,
Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep
Learning and Statistical modeling.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Manager & Sr. Data Scientist (REMOTE), Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!