Senior Director, Business Performance Analytics - System of Insights
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$122,600.00 - $202,400.00Target Openings1What Is the
Opportunity?Excited to solve complex business problems with your
curiosity and love of data? Do you believe in the art of the
possible? Implementing and launching new capabilities that deliver
huge impact sound like an amazing way to spend your day? Thrilled
to be talking about Prescriptive Analytics and Decision Enablement?
Are you ready to go beyond dashboards and explore new innovative
ways to deliver analytics to the business? Read on---
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to lead a team developing
new capabilities in the field of Decision Analytics & Insights.
This role will be filled with opportunities to launch many firsts.
As a senior leader, you will use your thought leadership to partner
with stakeholders, neighboring organizations, talented data
engineers, tech leads, and team members to solve complex problems
and implement strategic solutions across Travelers. You will work
alongside teams leveraging AI and machine learning to bring new
innovative solutions to fruition. Your knowledge of data and
analytics will help guide junior team members and you will partner
with leadership to make sure implementation strategies align to
strategic capability roadmaps.
This position uses data and analytics to drive business results;
helps develop strategy to leverage internal and external
information to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities
(to influence business decisions) and is responsible for reporting,
monitoring, analyzing data and trends, and communicating these
business results across various audiences (to increase return on
investments) and partnering on strategic initiatives to ensure
This position will have direct reports.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
#LI-RemotePrimary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business
strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively
communicate insights and influence decision/outcomes to Sr.
- Leverages industry best practices, market data and technology
trends to identify and implement business opportunities.
- Proactively coordinates with cross functional teams on varying
- Influences business strategy to leadership to prioritize
investments based on translating insights to business value
- Facilitates collaboration with IT and data management teams to
ensure correct data is consistent for business critical
- Leads strategic business partnerships with IT, Actuarial,
Operations, Finance, Data Management and Claim functional areas,
along with LOB leaders.
- Can manipulate complex raw data and leads the ultimate design
required to meet business requests.
- Responsible for business analytics support across multiple
- Interprets data of all complexity to recognize patterns and
- Provides oversight to the completion of reasonability and
- Oversees the designs and ensures the execution Proofs of
Concept to inform business strategies.
- Monitors performance indicators and implements possible
- Communicates the financial impact of recommendations.
- Interpret model results and influence how to apply them.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and 5 years analytics
- One year of technical team project leadership or people
management required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, computer science,
statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Typically has 7 or more years of experience in Descriptive
Analytics or related field.
- 5+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products
and software/programming applications specific to business
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL
- Comprehensive knowledge of Descriptive Analytic practices and
processes. General knowledge of insurance products/concepts
- Two or more years of technical team project leadership or
people management experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the main features of the collection
of data and the relationship of data elements to each other.Job
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and
overall business strategies of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and
overall business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel, database programming
language and related applications. (?Review?)
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept
- Builds and maintains credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, intermediate leadership skills
including ability to:
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Intermediate ability to develop employees preferred.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Senior Director, Business Performance Analytics - System of Insights, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!