Project Manager, Transmission
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
Role and Scope of Position:
With a high level of independence, manage transmission projects in
Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of
approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on
schedule, and within budget. Work closely with personnel throughout
the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit and
construct assigned projects. Primary duties include overall
responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects
including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface
with regulators and local elected officials and town department
managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of
bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as
for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all
aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance
with company policies and all regulations and laws.
* Individual is assigned traditional projects such as one-for-one
equipment replacement projects, transmission facility expansion
projects, projects of lower complexity, or assigned to assist in
supporting specific project management responsibilities of a larger
traditional or major project.
* Management of project will be monitored by the Manager of
Transmission Projects or Manager-Construction and Maintenance
* Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi
stakeholder involvement, and medium to high financial risk exposure
profile requiring management reporting communications.
* Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects
are completed efficiently, on time and within the established
* Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal,
Regulatory Relations, Purchasing, Communications and all
Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
* Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop
appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
* In general, manages the planning, engineering, siting/permitting,
procurement, construction, commissioning and close out project
* Manages the team's development of a comprehensive project plan,
schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control
* Manages execution of the project plan and project change control
* Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash
* Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope,
budgets and schedules
* Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting
* Manages the development of and participates in the required
regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
* Coordinates environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory
approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin
* Ensures the timely preparation ISO-NE project submittals.
* Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for
engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material
and support systems.
* Manages the development of required outage and energization
* Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan
* Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate
* Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for
* Mentors Associate Project Managers
* Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze
data, write effective reports and make presentations.
* Possess the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set and
manage priorities, define roles and responsibilities and make
* Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with
others at all levels of the organization.
* The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex
transmission projects concurrently.
* Self-starter with effective communication skills, including
active listening, speaking and writing skills.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferred), Bachelor's Degree
in Finance, Business, equivalent degree will be considered or
* Master's Degree and Project Management class work are
* Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience
* Familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highly
Licenses & Certifications:
* Professional Engineer's (PE) License and formal project
management (PMP) certification are highly desirable
* Valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License is required
* Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as
* Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
* Work is performed primarily in an office environment which
requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the
* Limited travel will be required between office, project sites,
and stakeholder locations.
* Work will require visiting field construction sites including
high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way.
* Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods, if
* Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing,
planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting,
analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating,
implementing and presenting.
* This role works in an environment that often requires the
performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines
need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving
significant business commitments and results.
* Demonstrates self-assurance in one's ideas, judgments and
capabilities and takes clear timely action as required.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
* Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
* Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
* Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
* Raise ideas for improvement
* Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
* Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and
* Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to
do the same.
* Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
* Set performance goals that align with department and company
* Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your
* Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through
on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
* Work collaboratively within and across the organization to
achieve "One Company" and other goals
* Recognize and address cross functional implications of your
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
* Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team,
colleagues, and customers in your work
* Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business
performance and customer service.
* Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
* Exhibit a "can-do" attitude to support changes in priorities and
Focus on the Customer
* Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and
external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive
and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability
status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns
regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to
discuss your concerns with Eversource's HR department after you
have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does
not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to
receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers' needs is part
of every employee's role. If employed, you will be given an
Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to
assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities,
work hours and location.
Keywords: Eversource, Hartford , Project Manager, Transmission, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!