Senior Compliance Manager- North Region
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Sr. Compliance Manager - North Region
Boston, MA (position can also be located in Connecticut or New
The Senior Compliance Manager - North Region takes a leadership
role in overseeing onsite compliance and managing a team of state
compliance leads at various cultivation/manufacturing facilities
across the region. Qualified candidates will demonstrate several
years' experience as a regulatory compliance leader in the cannabis
industry, specifically in cultivation and manufacturing
A demonstrated track record implementing and maintaining a complex
compliance program for Consumer Packaged Goods ("CPG")
facilities-including developing standard operating procedures and
leading internal audits-is required.
The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, be able
to manage multiple direct reports, and use analytical skills to
solve complex problems under rigorous timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of onsite state compliance leads at various
cultivation/manufacturing facilities across the region.
- Create and implement standard operating procedures ("SOPs"),
internal processes, and compliance training programs for
cultivation and manufacturing staff.
- Develop internal audit procedures for all CPG business entities
in various states and localities.
- Conduct regular, random internal audits of facility operations
and prepare written reports to senior management.
- Ensure appropriate tracking of inventory and waste through
various seed-to-sale software programs (BioTrack, METRC, MJ
- Help prepare for facility inspections, government regulatory
investigations, and external audits.
- Review government audit findings and prepare written corrective
- Assist with remedial actions to address any gaps in facility
operation compliance and mitigate future risks.
- Draft official communications and assist with responses to
government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Review and approve packaging and label designs for cultivated
and manufactured products.
- Partner with operational leads to ensure record-keeping and
security requirements are met at every facility.
- Monitor changes to cannabis laws, regulations, and industry
guidance in various states and municipalities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' cultivation/manufacturing compliance
experience in cannabis industry.
- Experience in seed-to-sale software programs required (METRC,
BioTrack, MJ Freeway, etc.).
- This position requires regular travel between facilities
throughout the region (50-60%).
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position
oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position
objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move
packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust
focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or
without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of
electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an individual encounters while
performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority
in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and
are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our
employees, our markets and our communities.
Keywords: Verano, Hartford , Senior Compliance Manager- North Region, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!