Assistant Manager, Pharmacy - SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!!!
Company: Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Assistant Manager, Pharmacy - SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!!!
SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!!!
Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the
organization through behaviors that are consistent with the
Connecticut Children's STANDARDS and Leadership Behaviors. Manages
all facets of the daily operations provided by the Pharmacy
Department. Supports and is responsible for compliance with CT
Children's, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
Manages the pharmacy technician responsibilities in the hospital
and the expansion of services outside of dispensary roles. Provides
leadership to the department and ensures effective management of
human resources and fiscal resources in accordance with current
organizational policies and procedures. Reports to the Clinical
* Establishes and communicates a clear vision for the pharmacy
technician staff that is focused on patient safety and regulatory
compliance, and, is aligned with organizational objectives.
* The assistant manager is responsible for fostering staff growth
and development both professionally and personally.
* The assistant manager should take part in engaging team members
with organizational initiatives such as cultivating departmental
diversity, equity, and inclusion; creating a culture of respect;
and being an ally.
* Establishes and implements short- and long-term operational goals
to support the expansion of pharmacy services (both clinical and
operational) throughout the organization within the scope of
* Monitors and evaluates pharmacy technician training,
productivity, and growth. The assistant manager along with the
leadership team, evaluates technician's growth potential to
optimize patient care, safety, and continuity of care provided by
* Provide support, guidance, and direction to pharmacy team and
ancillary support services while promoting the values of our
organization and facilitates teamwork and cooperation among
* Works jointly with members of the pharmacy leadership team in
efforts to optimize pharmacy operations as a collaborative
DEPARTMENTAL OPERATIONS/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT:
* Coordinates, supervises, and manages pharmacy programs and
activities including, but not limited to, day-to-day medication
prep/delivery and supporting infrastructural systems (automated
dispensing cabinets, remote IV checking, kit preparation services,
electronic health record, etc.) Utilizes lean processes and
continual improvement pillars to optimize these systems to support
patient care/safety and optimization of workflows.
* Ensures compliance with state/federal documentation requirements
regarding medication dispensing, controlled substances, etc.
* Works with organizational stakeholders to create opportunities
for pharmacy staff expansion of duties outside of the dispensary
* Provide constructive feedback to team members via quarterly
check-ins, annual reviews, and as needed when required to promote
patient safety. Manage performance improvement programs implemented
for staff members to support team member success within the
* Designs, establishes and maintains a pharmacy technician staffing
and scheduling plan (including staffing when required) that
effectively accomplishes the department's goals and objectives.
* Collaborates in the development and review of policies and
procedures governing operations of the pharmacy department.
* Provides appropriate development opportunities to ensure the
pharmacy technician staff is competent and continually improving
* Demonstrate and communicate knowledge of the age-related
differences and needs of patients in appropriate, specific
populations from neonate through adolescence to ensure patient
* Optimization of different applications related to pharmacy
operational excellence including automated dispensing machines, IV
management workflow system, inventory management/ carousel,
controlled substance applications and electronic medical record as
it relates to pharmacy specific operations.
* Hiring, oversight, management, and development of 20-25 pharmacy
* Communicates expectations, provides ongoing coaching/feedback,
objectively assess employee performance and provide appropriate
rewards, recognition, and/or discipline as warranted. As necessary,
develop, enact, and carry-out performance improvement plans with
team members not meeting expectations. Formal check-ins for goals
and feedback as discussed above include quarterly meetings with all
* Perform regular rounds with staff to enhance employee engagement
and celebrate individual and/or departmental successes.
* Ensures compliance with all Human Resource policies and
* Leadership resource/On Call; this role rotates through an on-call
team comprised of the assistant manager of operations, the pharmacy
manager, and pharmacy director to meet the urgent needs of the
staff in and outside of normal business hours (one week of on call
per 3 week period).
* Minimum education: Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
* Minimum experience: 2 to 5 years in a hospital pharmacy,
including 1 year supervisory responsibility
* Preferred education/experience:
* Hospital Residency training or equivalent institutional
* Master's degree in management-related field or previous
* State/federal regulations and Joint Commission regulations that
directly affect the management of the pharmacy services,
documentation and patient rights
* Basic knowledge of human resource policies and procedures
* Previous pediatric experience highly preferred
* Knowledge of:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system;
Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
and pharmacy information system
* Pharmacy Automation in an institutional setting
* Evaluating operations and procedures, formulating policy and
developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and
work effectively with medical center leadership and clinical and
other support staff, government agencies, physicians, third party
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability
to present effectively to small and large groups of varying
* Use independent judgment and to appropriately manage and impart
information to a range of constituents.
* Foster a cooperative work environment.
* Manage competing priorities.
* Develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
* Effectively manage employees through appropriate staffing,
employee development and performance management.
* Persuade and influence others in the direction of the
* Set a framework for effective change management within the
department and effectively create change.
Required: Current State of CT Pharmacist's license issued by the
Department of Consumer Protection.
Preferred: Board Certification in a related specialty from the
Board of Pharmacy Specialties
Keywords: Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Hartford , Assistant Manager, Pharmacy - SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!!!, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!