IS Director - ProdOps Lead
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$111,200.00 - $183,500.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?We are looking for energetic team
members that are enthusiastic innovators who want to work in a
dynamic team environment. We seek individuals that are lifelong
learners interested in promoting a collaborative engaged culture
where Lean Product Management, User Centered Design, and other
Agile practices are utilized to help develop solutions to enable
Travelers to continue to be a leader in the digital age. As a key
part of the strategic initiatives in Business Insurance, Travelers
seeks a ProdOps Lead who will actively participate and contribute
in discovery, design, delivery, and support activities within the
organization. Candidate will lead the development, implementation
and maintain policies and procedures for application support
services. The candidate will manage the team to ensure that all
support or service requests are dealt with according to the defined
procedures. The candidate will manage external service/support
providers with the technical support for the software application.
The candidate will be accountable to communicate and negotiate with
stakeholders and external parties on application support-related
matters. The candidate will be accountable for periodic reviews on
the issues raised and resolved in order to identify trends and help
the accountable team to make improvement. The candidate is a
lifelong learner that is curious and always looking to run
experiments in order to improve our processes and procedures. They
are someone who always looks to to add automation to ensure that
previous issues are not repeated and looks to proactively avoid
future issues for our users.What Will You Do?
- Discuss all production support aspects with application (Value
Stream and Circle) leadership.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot application
- Facilitate root cause analysis and key preventative actions on
- Arrange, assign, adjust and monitor shifts to ensure
application support coverage.
- Interact with infrastructure, Helpdesk, Management & Operations
and application teams.
- Provide feedback, direction, and mentoring to production
support team members.
- Provide regular status reports to business and technology
leadership on application status and other metrics.
- Prioritize issues raised and resolve it accordingly.
- Coordinate escalation and resolution of major issues.
- Report promptly to management and business partners regarding
critical outages until resolution.
- Provide additional support to existing production support
- Dedicated to successful team management and continuous
- Define action and work plans to address the issues.
- A natural collaborator and problem solver.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills.
- Comfortable with critical thinking and swift decision
- Proactive in applying tools to monitor systems at all levels,
anticipate where new issues could arise and implement preventative
solutions before they impact users.
- Identify production issue treads to provide valuable insight
while working directly with other teams.
- Directs assigned staff to implement and/or maintain systems of
medium to high complexity and/or assigned project(s).
- Manages to the tactical and operational plan and budget for
assigned information systems and/or projects of business unit
- Provides input to the Senior management team on the development
of the operational plan.
- Advocates the use of technology to develop and/or redesign the
- Understands cost benefit analysis as the key driver for
enhancement and/or project prioritization.
- Has awareness of Enterprise strategies and impact on the line
of business or functional area of responsibility.
- Provides key project stakeholders and IT leadership with timely
status updates and/or system performance updates.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to
formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or
- Accountable for directing team to achieve deliverables.
- Manages team direction and the day-to-day work of direct
- Responsible for providing consistent performance
feedback/coaching and completing formal performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Technical acumen
- Organized and efficient
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Teamworking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of technology or business related experience
- 2 years of experience managing others preferred.Technical
- Has a solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of
technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology
required and the needs of business environment necessary to support
assigned systems and/or projects.
- Develops solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear
understanding of the objectives, practices and procedures of the
corporation, department and business unit.
- Has thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities
and development needs.Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt
with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Suggests solutions that make sense and are in line with future
- Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with
- Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective
in gaining cooperation of others.Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing
with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with
available information. Knows where to obtain information needed to
make the appropriate decisions.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements
effective, timely solutions.
- Is very good at identifying the problem versus the
- Deals increasingly with problems that require involvement of
others to solve.
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
- Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.Team Orientation:
- Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is
able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through
an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.Leadership:
- Manages functional objectives and priorities supporting
multiple assigned business units.
- Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting
priorities and decision-making using generally accepted
- Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification
according to predefined objectives.
- Sets appropriate goals for the area and monitors progress
against the plan.
- Delegates to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and ability to apply them to
projects. In the Agile environment the director level typically
performs as an experienced Scrummaster.Financial Awareness:
- Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget subject to
review and is responsible for expense control for the units
- Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness.
- Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or
inefficiencies resulting in readjustment of resources and/or
- Responsible for important and confidential information.Human
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills by displaying an
understanding of the needs and perspective of others.
- Able to balance the workload of team members and supervise
individuals of varying abilities.
- Able to identify the talents of others and match them to the
tasks that will best suit the area goals and/or provide growth for
- Able to assess and identify employee skill development needs
and put together a training program for the individual. Coaches
staff to stimulate their professional growth.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of staff
performance evaluations and development planning.
- Recruits and retains effective staff members.
- Demonstrates a capacity to recognize, value and respect
differences across a diverse work force.
- Depend on the specific role but some examples may include;
- Kanban/Agile/SAFeWhat is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of technology or business related experience
required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , IS Director - ProdOps Lead, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!