Sr. Director, Strategic Planning & Initiatives
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryRisk Control, TechnologyCompensation OverviewThe
annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide
market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role
across the country. The actual salary for this position will be
determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity
and location of the role; the skills, education, training,
credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions
of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and
benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based
cash incentive awards.Salary Range$108,300.00 - $178,700.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?The Senior Director, Strategic
Initiatives partners with Technology and Business leaders across
Travelers enterprise to transition Cybersecurity and Business
Resiliency strategy and roadmap to execution. This role would also
lead mid to complex, large scope engagements and lead the team to
define establish agreed upon solutions with various
stakeholders.Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is
designed to support flexibility.What Will You Do?
- Partner closely with Technology Architects and various
enterprise and LOB partners to define or clarify the scope,
solutions approach and requirements for the committed
- Support the strategy refresh, initiative prioritization, and
- Identify and develop initiative KPI, tied to OKRs, supported by
the Analytics & Reporting team.
- Lead Strategic Initiatives team, develop and improve practice,
also partnering with teams within the enterprise job family.
- Manages the day-to-day work of direct reports and provides
consistent performance feedback and coaching to staff.
- Build and maintain strong relationship within leadership
team.Partner with other teams to ensure alignment on purpose,
progress, and resource requirements needed to achieve business
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Technology consulting experience preferred.
- 7 years of demonstrated success in strategic planning
experience. Demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into
action. Demonstrated experience developing multi-year strategies
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams.
Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Expert knowledge of business analysis, process improvement,
change management and transformation within complex and matrixed
- Comfortable making process improvement or business enhancements
recommendations leveraging technology.
- Advanced facilitation, conflict resolution, problem solving,
and influencing skills. Strong Relationship Mgt and organizational
- Critical thinker with ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to lead and inspire team members to achieve optimal
results in a highly collaborative and matrixed organization.
- Deep understanding and appreciation for business, business
intelligence/analytics, and technology components of
- Systemic thinker with strategic planning expertise, readily
sees patterns and connections in a complicated environment.
- Experience in developing strong, trusted partnerships with
senior executives and constituent partnersWhat is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree.
- 7 years business experience.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Sr. Director, Strategic Planning & Initiatives, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!