Senior Director - Technical Circle Lead
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats
the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$116,000.00 - $191,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is seeking a Sr. Director, Circle Lead / Team of Teams
Lead to drive the execution of technology strategies in support of
business outcomes in an agile fashion. In this position, you will
be accountable for implementing the technology strategy and
portfolio of solutions and capabilities spanning a medium number of
agile teams primarily with a single business unit or product. You
will apply technical acumen, knowledge of agile practices and
leadership in partnership with business counterparts to effectively
define, plan and deliver technical solutions that support business
outcomes in service to business strategy.
What Will You Do?
- Lead, define, communicate and champion the work of a medium
number of agile teams (i. e. Team of Teams) working toward common
business outcomes generally within a specific business
- At this level, you generally lead:
- 3-8 teams (less than 100 total people)
- Multiple business units or product lines/assets that may cross
Circles, Value Streams and/or organizations
- Products with interdependecies with other
- Less established applications
- Work with most senior levels of the organization
- Systems may be used across the entire enterprise
- Involved in shaping Implement technology strategy/capability
and accountable for holistic application of the strategy and
roadmap for achieving the strategy, vision and business outcomes;
articulate the Circle / Team of Teams vision and strategy
effectively to teams and stakeholders; stewardship of technical
assets to ensure stability, availability, scalability and
- Partner with business Circle Lead to effectively plan and
deliver technical solutions that support business
- Effectively drive, manage, implement and track one or more
portfolios of deliverables, features and capabilities as well as
test and learn/experimentation targeted at defining/refining future
deliverables, measuring performance, automating across life cycles,
and adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as
- Support the prioritization of interdependent team technology
backlogs, addressing risks and dependencies within and outside the
Circle to defined outcomes and ensuring overall alignment with
technology and business strategy; Make trade-off decisions to
balance quality, cost, and timelines to maximize value; utilize and
adhere to technology standards.
- Identify innovative solutions both internally and in the
external marketplace; ensure competitive and industry benchmarking
of critical technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Responsible for technical resource allocation, including vendor
management, on-boarding, performance management, and offshore
- Lead positive team dynamics, encourage collaboration and drive
appropriate levels of self-organization; Assess, utilize, and
partner with external resources and partners to meet agreed upon
expectations, as needed.
- Manage multi-team dynamics; remove impediments to teams success
and assist in conflict resolution, issue and dependency management;
collaborate with other team members and neighbors to improve team
- Build and foster collaborative relationships across other
Circles and with key partners (e. g. technology
- Help grow agile maturity within and across teams.
- People-management responsibilities for technology team members
and may manage other Technology Circle Leads as well.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Six years of experience in an agile/execution leadership role
delivering technology solutions on a demanding schedule
- Four years of people leadership/ management experience
- Strong technical skills and a deep strategic mindset
- Proven analytical skills and experience making decisions based
on hard and soft data preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Line of Business with the ability to
develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult
on business priorities, and optimize value through solution
identification aligned with business objectives preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage,
respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices
and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition
that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives
and which is the north star for the Circle.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the
ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and
develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all
levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals
thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts,
practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a
cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually
improve, share learning with others and encourage team
What is a Must Have?
- Six years of relevant technology experience required.
- Three years of people leadership/ management experience
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email
(4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Senior Director - Technical Circle Lead, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!